快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Questions from a Beginner

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

bedinikHome userMember since 2010
So i literally just ordered my hercules RMX. I have a few questions I would appreciate if they could be answered and I'm not even sure if this is the right section of the forum. You guys have been great with helping me before. Hopefully this won't be any different.

1. I ordered my Hercules RMX, Do i need certain cables that do not come with it in order to hook it up to my lap top?

2. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 that I just had reimaged to take everything off of it. All i plan on having on this lap top is Itunes, and Virtual DJ. Will this laptop be sufficient?

3. I understand I cannot just plug the rmx into my laptop and go if I want premium sound. I really have no idea what to do to the settings on my lap top or really to anything on my lap top.

Sorry for the "Beginner" questions but I'm really hoping you guys can help.

Thanks,

Also, If i want to buy somewhat affordable speakers, (under 800) so that I can DJ in a hall for about 300 people. What do you suggest?

Thanks guys, any help would be awesome!

发表时间 Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 10:06 am
Congrats, you've made a great choice.

Firstly the RMX will come with only a USB lead to connect it to your laptop.

You are correct in that the RMX is its own soundcard. To be able to cue and PFM (pre-fade mix) you need to use the soundcard in the RMX. This means connecting the RMX to an external source:

If you're just playing at home, a pair of PC speakers would be OK as they are usually powered. The input for PC speakers ais usually a mini-jack connection, so you will need a mino-jack to phono (RCA) lead.

The phonos connect to the outputs 1&2 and the mini-jack to the input of your speakers.

You couod also connect the RMX to a spare input on your home hifi in which case you will probably go phono to phoo.

Same outputs as before and in to the spare input conenctors on your hifi.

Finally if you're gigging you could connect the RMX in a number of ways:

Powered Speakers - If they have balanced inout use the 1/4" jack connection, otherwise phonos

Amplifier - You could connect direct to an amp - Same as the above

Mixer - you can connect to an existing mixer. To keep things simple you can connect the phonos to a channel on the mixer (line mode not phono). The mixer then connects to an amp.

One thing to note, the microphone quality on the RMX is its worse feature. That's why most people connect the RMX via a mixer and use the Mic volume/tone controls of the mxer.

Hope this helps.

Roy

发表时间 Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 10:16 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)