快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: DAC2 SET-UP PROBLEMS?????

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'VE JUST PICKED UP A DAC-2 AND SEEM TO BE HAVING PROBLEMS SETTING IT UP??. I PLUG EVERYTHING IN AND SELECT THE DAC2 UNDER "REMOTE CONTROL" AND NOTHING, NO DISPLAY, NO NOTHING??? MY PC HAS 4 USB PORTS AND NONE SEEM TO READ IT. I'VE LOADED THE DRIVERS FROM THE PCDJ DAC2 SET-UP DISC BUT STILL NOTHING. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE STEP THROUGH THE SET-UP PROCEDURE SO I CAN POSSIBLE SEE WHAT'S WRONG.

THANX IN ADVANCE.

发表时间 Wed 18 May 05 @ 12:27 am
After installing all of the drivers does your computer acknowledge that you have a DAC installed? Does it work with the PCDJ software?

发表时间 Wed 18 May 05 @ 12:40 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

发表时间 Wed 18 May 05 @ 12:59 am
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
I had this exact situation recently. Under PCDJ, the DAC-2
was running on COM3. I had set VDJ to run in Auto Detect,
but that didn't work, so I went into the Windoze Registry and
searched for Numark, and changed the value there. It was
set to "1". I changed the 1 to a 3, and all is good now.

发表时间 Wed 18 May 05 @ 2:23 am
When I plug in the DAC i get a "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED". i've attempted to load the drivers from the PCDJ disc, i clicked on drivers, then the "ok" prompt to load the drivers and the red screen never changes??? Have they loaded???? I have no responce of any kind on the DAC.???

发表时间 Wed 18 May 05 @ 3:24 am

发表时间 Wed 18 May 05 @ 7:10 pm
The Gizmo lab driver is a midi driver. And is not going to help your computer acknowledge your DAC. It sounds like the problem is with your DAC, considering you have tried it on other USB ports on your computer. If you bought it new I would contact Visosonic.

发表时间 Wed 18 May 05 @ 8:10 pm
After getting in contact with visosonic, I was told by there sales staff that any DAC-2 bought for VDJ would not be covered by warranty!!!......FOR SALE: 1 NEVER USED DAC-2...... MAKES A GREAT DOOR STOP.

发表时间 Wed 18 May 05 @ 9:52 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
platinum1 - Don't give up that easy. The just proved why VDJ is superior to theirs.

Lets back up and start from scratch -

With your DAC-2 plugged into the original USB port, power up you computer.

Go into Add/Remove programs to see if there is an entry listed for the DAC drivers (Sorry can't remember if there is at this moment, but check?) if so, run the uninstall.

Next, go to your Device Manager (Right click on My Computer icon and choose properties, then click on the Hardware Tab, then click the button Device Manager) and find the DAC listed under USB and right click on it and choose Uninstall. Then look under the "Ports (COM & LPT)" to see if it is listed there, and do the same; Right-click and choose Uninstall.

Now, shut down your computer and unplug the DAC-2, then power back up your computer.

Put the CD in for the DAC-2 and run the install. Follow it closely, don't plug it in until it tells you too. Once done, reboot you computer with everything still connected.

Once you are back to Windows, now launch VDJ. And see if the lights and display on the DAC-2 change. What you should see is a 1 or -3 displayed on both decks of the DAC-2.
If so, then you are good to go.

If not, repost some info and we will get you setup.

cstoll

[And if you are still set on getting rid of it, go to my blog and get my email and shoot me a price.]

Best of Luck.

发表时间 Wed 18 May 05 @ 10:22 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Platinum,
What warranty......not like you need one, think about it.
That DAC is your best friend, give it a chance.
And if cstoll doesn't or can't get it I will.

I know i've paid as little as $175.00 US for my second one new in the box.

发表时间 Wed 18 May 05 @ 11:53 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
may sound silly but have you pluged in the power adapter that came with it. Does the display flash
try another usb port. Try another usb cable

发表时间 Thu 19 May 05 @ 12:59 am
I hope it is that simple, power cord not being plugged in. In the event that it's not and you've tried everyones suggestions in this post, call them back (Viso) and tell them your Computer does not acknowledge your NEW DAC, and you have tried it in different USB ports on your computer, and that's the problem, they have to provide you support. It's a connectivity - hardware issue, not software related. There's no need to even inform them that you will not be using there software.

发表时间 Thu 19 May 05 @ 2:33 am
Thanx for the help....but I'm pretty sure it's a DAC-2 issue itself. I've tried connecting to 5 different PC's and not one recognizes it as a "new usb device found". One of these PC's has a DAC-2 hooked up and running off PCDJ. I've downloaded the newest DAC-2 drivers straight from PCDJ but the DAC must first be recognised by the PC for it to use the software. I have found plugging and un-plugging the DAC usb cable from the PC it will sometimes recognize it??? and begin reading it's drivers .....only to shut down seconds later. I've tried several usb cables and another DAC's power supply....still no luck. I've found several threads on PCDJ's forums of some idividuals having similar issue's and returning there DAC's for replacements. Hopefully I'm able to do the same.

发表时间 Fri 20 May 05 @ 3:59 pm
They will either repair or replace your DAC, especially since you purchased it new, just recently. And as a owner of a DAC belive me you will be happy with it Good luck

发表时间 Sat 21 May 05 @ 2:31 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
mp3jrick, I'd sure like to know where you can get a DAC-2 for $175. I am trying out VDJ and PCDJ and VDJ seems to have the edge for ease of use. I like how the DAC-2 looks, but am not sure if I want to spend $300 for it. I just want to mix mp3s at home. Thanks.

发表时间 Fri 05 Aug 05 @ 12:21 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)