快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: MAC and VDJ - Port Drama!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

As I continue looking into a MAC Book Pro, I am finding a few things to think about. One of which is the 2 USB and 1 Firewire situation. I have 2 rigs: A) Numark Stealth Control and NI Audio4DJ and B) Numark DMC2 and DJIO. So both configurations require 2 USB ports. I am used to 3 USB ports so I can have a USB hub to connect my wireless USB mouse and Korg Nano Pad. Therefore there are a few things I am considering:

1) Powered external USB Hub for the Controller, NanoPad, and Mouse and directly connecting sound to the MAC itself.
2) Use Firewire to USBPowered Hub for Mouse and NanoPad, and connect Controller and Sound Card to the MAC itself.
3) Bluetooth Mouse, connect Controller and Sound Card to MAC itself, use Firewire to USB powered hub for Nano Pad
4) Bluetooth Mouse, connect sound card directly to MAC itself, Powered external USB hub for Controller/Nano Pad

Any feedback or experiences to share on this? I know you can get very iffy results when you start putting hubs and bluetooth in the mix. But I did not know if anyone had great results with it or not... or if the equipment in my rigs require I do as much "by the book" as possible?

Thank you ahead of time for your help while I consider what it will take to "go MAC."
Chad

发表时间 Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 10:10 pm
from my experience both on a mac and on windows i would always connect the sound card direct to the the mac/pc. I often run my controllers through a powered hub without any issue.

My view is the sound is no.1 priority.

发表时间 Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 12:19 pm
I was also wondering if anyone has used the Bluetooth mouse while using vdj. )bluetooth is normally a no no for latenxy reasons.

Completely agree on the sound card direct to the machine. :)

发表时间 Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 1:14 pm
I did use the mighty mouse bluetooth with no problems. But I quit carrying it since with the controller I see no use for it. The mac pad is more than enough for what I need besides the controller. I did no try scratching just mixing, for hours on end. I also do not dare to use video effects mixing video on the mac, just video transitions. Just load and play one deck then the other. I don't stress the program more than I need to, just play video after video.
One suggestion, if you plan on using video, do not buy the macbook pro without the 9600GT.

发表时间 Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 2:10 pm
Are there fw to usb hubs out there? And are there any good & affordable fw DJ audio interfaces? Like the Audio4DJ for instance?

发表时间 Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 12:48 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)