快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Exporting mappers from VDJ 6 on Win XP

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi all

I am a newbie to this forum.

I use a MIDI controller with VDJ (on WinXP) and have used the auto-learn feature to build a mapping for myself that I really like. However, I want to know if it is possible to export this mapping (to an XML/DLL?) and then transfer the mapping to another laptop (also running WinXP).

If this is possible, can someone please outline the process for me (for both generating the export file, as well as installing it in the new laptop)?

If it is any use, I built the mapping from the skeleton of another XML mapping that I had. However, the changes I made in the auto-learn have not reflected back onto the XML, and I don't know how to generate another XML.

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Meanwhile, I have another doubt too. How does VDJ associate a device definition with a controller? Eg. my device definition file states Device name = " BCD3000" (along with the rest of the line - author, type, decks, etc). Is this enough for VDJ to recognize the device, or is there something else going on in the background that I am missing? Also, if I have two mappers for the same controller in the Mappers folder, how does VDJ identify which one to use?

Thanks for your help, guys. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Thanks
Sid

发表时间 Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 11:33 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The mapping is already stored as an XML file, it will be in the "My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers" folder. Any time you edit a default mapping it will appear in this folder.

There are two files associated with controllers. One is the device definition file (in "My Documents\VirtualDJ\Devices" (for natively supported controllers this is built in and not visible to users) and one is the mapper file.

Device identification entirely depends upon the device. The two most common methods are getting System Exclusive ID from the device (MIDI SysExID) or by using the driver name and these are done in the device definition file, not in the mapper file. The BCD3000 is supported out of the box so it doesn't use an external definition file. If you edit the default mapping for it you will however get a mapper file.

发表时间 Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 4:37 am
Hi

That's exactly the problem I am facing. Although I have made changes to the default mapping, I do not have a different xml in the Mappers folder. It is still exactly the same xml that I had put in earlier.

Any idea what could be wrong? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks
Sid

发表时间 Thu 11 Feb 10 @ 1:52 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What version are you using?

发表时间 Thu 11 Feb 10 @ 5:20 am
Currently, just the Demo/Trial version. I got Traktor LE free with my controller, and that has some pretty good mappings, but I want to see how far I can go on VDJ with just the controller (I already like the layout of VDJ more. I just want to avoid using keyboard/mouse as far as possible, and hence, the need for extensively customized mappings).

However, I might have to change my laptop soon (another reason for delaying purchase of VDJ - what with the 'max 2 installs only' rule), and therefore, want to be able to transfer the mapping to the new laptop and try it there.

Meanwhile, I have another doubt on scripting in VDJScript for mapping controllers.

The BCD3000 comes with two keys - Ext In A and Ext In B, meant to switch on Phono/Line inputs and feed them to the software. How are these implemented in VDJScript? I mean, what is the command that I need to assign to the buttons?

This is probably the only chink left in my controller mapping (for my needs, that is). If someone can help me figure this part out, would be happy to share the mapping with whoever is interested.

Again, thanks a lot, guys. Appreciate all the support to just a demo user.

Cheers
Sid

发表时间 Thu 11 Feb 10 @ 6:48 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)