快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: RMX + Active Speakers (Gain Control)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi: Thanks to all who attempted to sort out my issue with my single 15" powered Peavey. In the end , I just wasn't happy with the speaker so I took it back and opted for two 12" active Behringers instead, which I must say sound pretty good to me. Currently I have the volume knob (gain knob) on the speakers up to about 1/4 of the way and my master volume on the RMX up about 1/2 of the way (with the l/r volume sliders up to about 4/5). On the RMX control panel I have the volume output (1 and 2) up to a little less than halfway. (That's a lot of configuring to do, and I'm sure there's gotta be a way to optimize the sound settings, but that's another topic).

In any case, I'm having a bit of concern (perhaps needlessly) regarding gain control. As many of you know, on a standard mixer, the gain LEDs are right on mixer itself so you can set the gain accordingly for each channel. I've been told that you want to keep the LED lights in the green area with very little flux into the reddish area in order to avoid clipping and damage to the speakers. However, with the Virutal DJ/RMX combo those gain lights are actually on the screen. The thing is: I'm pretty sure that the lights go all the way to the top (what could be considered the red area?) on almost every track that I have. Even though things seem to be ok when I'm playing, how do I make sure that i'm not sending too much gain signal to my speakers from the software? I wouldn't want to damage the speakers or wear them out before their time.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

-Dax

发表时间 Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 10:01 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)