快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: will this setup work? advice please!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ok so im looking to buy the hercules steel.

i currently have a PC with an onboard sound card (3 outputs). i am using a creative surround system as my speakers. all leads from the back of my computer go to the subwoofer, and then from the subwoofer to the 5 speakers.

what i want to know is that if i was to get a hercules steel and install this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000BHGNOE/ref=s9_simi_gw_s0_p23_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1100PZAX4Q2D251YK3CA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

to my computer. would i then be able to have the main mix going through my surround speakers and listen to the next track through that usb dongle?

any help would be great, thanks!

发表时间 Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 3:14 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
If your soundcard is configured in 5.1 , then you don't really need to buy anything else. A few configurations will however be necessary.

Your speakers system being a Creative, it must certainly can work in Sourround mode, meaning that from a stereo source (in this case only the Green connector of your soundcard) the signal will be sent to all the speakers ( not ideal for DJIng, but...). Look at the manual for more details about this configuration.

So as far as connections would be concerned, only the Green connector would be connected to your speakers, and your headphone would need to be connected where the REAR input cable (usually black) currently is. Completely disconnect the Center/Sub, and voilà.

发表时间 Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 3:33 pm
Ok, so first thanks for your reply!

ok so i have the software i got with my motherboard up on my computer.

this is what is shown.

green - front speakers
blue - rear
orange - centre and subwoofer

ok so i just went to virtual and set it up like this.

Input : none (at the moment)

output : headphones (and speakers)

sound card : 4.1

output channels : Master: Front output / Headphones : Rear output

After just having a little play around with it on virtual dj i can say that it is now working. its going to take a little getting used to lol

thanks a bunch for your reply!

one last thing, which would you go for? the mp3 e2 or the steel???

thanks!

tom

发表时间 Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 5:34 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Good to know the audio is working.

As for which controller, it really depends on your needs. The MP3 e2 is more compact and less expensive, so perfect for starting and getting a feel for DJing. The Steel is more expensive, bigger (and obviously made of metal) and offers a bit more room and options.

发表时间 Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 6:57 am
Think i might go with the steel to be honest, i like having a good build quality and it looks like i wont have to upgrade in the long run for quite some time.
thanks for your help and advice.

tom

发表时间 Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 7:23 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)