快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Help with setup required asap?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

solly4PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello,

I have had my hercules RMX and vDJ pro for just over a year now. But have my first big gig on Sat night.
Did some testing a while back with my friends dj speakers and amp with a couple of minor issues but nothing major.

I have set it all up tonight to coinfirm all is working and I cant get the sound setup to have the headphones working?
I have got the speakers working, Crackly but at least I have some sound.

Basically I have a Hewlett Packard Laptop, Hercules RMX and VDJ pro.
I have the laptop plugged to the RMX through the usb cable. And then I have the RMX attached to the amp using phono to 1/4 jack leads. Channels 1 and 2 / Channels 3 and 4 to the amp. The speakers are then connected to the amp as required.

Its the sound setup page I believe requires the adjustment but I have no idea how to get it working with the amp attached.
I have previously had it running at house pasrties through a small sub box with small attached spekers but this is a much bigger job.
After some research on the vdj forum I have found that people seem to favour the soundcard in the rmx, but this option wont let me use the headphones and the sound is crackly really badly. Then there is the asio4all malarky? which i have a choice of but then I dont have enough channels or something?

Sat is a big deal as it could lead to further work and would be a great help in saving for a house!

Thanks for reading and I hope somebody is able to help.
Marc

发表时间 Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 4:23 pm
Do I need to maybe get an external sound card?!

发表时间 Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 2:22 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Ok, this is the way to go:

Scenario 1:

RMX alone and AMPS.

You ONLY USE 1&2 OUTS for a PreAMP IN put or an AMP INput. 3 and 4 are for Headphones use. If you use VirtualDJ Pro, then you need to have this configured as MASTER+HEADPHONES. IN that way you will have your headphones out in your RMX.

Scenario 2:
If you use 1&2 OUTs for deck 1 and 3&4 for Deck 2 you will need an external audio mixer to have there your prelistening.

You will need to ADD an external mixer to your setup.

Scenario 3:

RMX + Another sound card.

You will need VirtualDJ Pro and also the same options on Scenario 1 and 2 apply but using another sound card. This cluld be useful if you want better sound quality using a better sound card than is in your RMX. An Echo AudioFire 4 is a very good one for this.

Good Luck!

发表时间 Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 11:24 am
Thankyou so much.
You are a lifesaver! Tried to get a souncard yesterday and they have messed my order up and I guess I will be running with the standard RMX soundcard this Saturday.

Fingers crossed and thanks again!!

发表时间 Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 6:47 am
I think you'll find that the RMX soundcard is fine for most mobile jobs. I use it exclusively for my mobile work. Good luck on your gig!

发表时间 Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 9:01 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)