快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Weird intermittant buzzing sound under Windows 7 ONLY

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi Folks,

Well I'm officially stumped on this one!

I need to stress before this is a Windows general issue, and has nothing to do specifically with VDJ (I can replicate the same problem just using WMP for example, but for the purpose of illustrating the problem I was using VDJ)

I have an ASUS Pro77sv Laptop, full specs here > http://www.cybershop.net.au/Notebooks/AsusPRO77SV.shtml which I have owned for about 6 months with practically no issues.

A few months ago I decided to purchase a new HDD and install Windows 7 onto it, and give it a test.

I started with a 64-bit Technet (full non expiring) version of Windows 7. I installed the OS and just let Windows 7 do its thing with the drivers, and it managed to find drivers for all my hardware devices on the internet and install them with no problems.

I installed VDJ, at the time 6.0.3 and also installed my NS7 drivers, and then started up some tracks!

All was good for about 15 minutes until I started to experience, 'the problem', which I will describe now;
Sound is fine and then it starts to gradually get 'tinny' and screechy, it gets worse and worse and worse over approximately 2-3 minutes until it's hard to hear the music because of the screeching. It stays REALLY bad for about another 2 minutes and then all of a sudden it disappears, 15 minutes later (or thereabouts) it happens again; rinse and repeat

To further demonstrate the screeching I recorded a 3 minute sample using my iphone (the recording quality is actually excellent, the screeching sounds are exactly like it sounds in person).

Here's the link to the audio (also I apologise in advance for Cotton Eye Joe, I had a shuffle of 90s tracks going!);

http://tae.capitalnightlife.com.au/demos/BuzzingDistortion.mp3

A breakdown of what's happening;
0:00-1:50- Screeching is happening, and gradually getting worse
1:50-2:50- Suddenly the screeching stops, but is still not quite gone
2:50-3:20- Audio is 'perfect' again.

So anyway at the time I thought perhaps it was the beta 64-bit drivers and/or dodgy system drivers, so I wiped the HDD and reinstalled a 32-bit version of Technet Windows 7. I experienced the EXACT same issue.

Anyway thankfully I still had my old HDD with Vista installed, so I put that back in and of course did not experience the problem ever again.

I recently received my free ASUS upgrade media, with 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium OEM + an ASUS official W7 driver DVD. So I thought I'd try it again.

I first tried JUST installing Windows 7, again on the spare HDD, which I blanked, without installing the ASUS driver package. Of course the problem has started happening again.

I then tried installing the driver package, and again the problem still exists.

So I'm 99.9% sure this is a driver issue, as I am using the EXACT same laptop/cables/amp/speakers. The only thing common is that it only occurs under Windows 7, as soon as I put back my Vista HDD, the problem disappears!

OK Things I've tried to fix the problem;

>Disabling the onboard soundcard in the BIOS
>Disabling all other sound devices in Control Panel > Sound
>Turning off all 'enhancements' in Control Panel > Sound
>Disabling all unnecessary devices (Wireless/Bluetooth/Webcam/Etc.)
>Disabling all unnecessary services (Super fetch/Windows Updates/Etc.)
>Uninstalling and reinstalling the NS7 drivers.
>Installed the NS7 on a different USB port (no external USB hubs are in use)
>Tried playing with all the 'do no monitor' and other misc settings I could find.
> Tried setting the NS7 ASIO latency to all different values.

All above listed troubleshooting ideas did not fix the issue.

To totally eliminate the NS7 from the problem, I installed my old DJiO, which again had the same issue.

Anyways I'm totally stumped. I would REALLY like to move to Windows 7 as I'm experiencing other issues with Vista, which is stopping me from Video mixing, although Video mixing works perfectly under W7.

ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated. For now I will continue using Vista without video mixing!

Thanks in advance,
DJ Lay Z

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 7:03 am
make sure your NS7 sound card isn't being used by the system for its sounds also I had the exact problem before too but forget exactly what it was

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 10:16 am
Patje_1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok on what sampling rate you have configured your soundcard? 44.1 kHz or 48.0 kHz. If you turn on VDJ it set sometimes your sound card to 44.1 kHz whitch can cause on the high parts a not good sound. If you download asio4all you can force it to sample it always to 48 kHz. so the problem maby will go away than. Don't forget if you have installed asio4all that you have to select in in VDJ.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 11:40 am
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Det, I have disabled Windows from using that sound card.

I will definitely be trying the ASIO4ALL drivers as I believe they are properly W7 supported, unlike the Numark Drivers (they state the drivers are for Vista/XP).

Will keep you posted!

DJ Lay Z

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 7:22 pm

NS7 / virtual DJ PRO / Windows SEVEN

my english is not good sorry !!!
but i use the pro gamer PC asus with 1.780 mb n.viidia 275 gtx ddr3 and 4 g ram 2 card sound creative (we must use 6 ventilations ) with windows seven
and it's very good and i mix only the video MPEG 2 or MPEG 4 full HD with the effect vidéo and sound virtual dj
if i can i do the video demonstation in my websit
www.funkyzanimation.com

发表时间 Sat 06 Feb 10 @ 3:23 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)