快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Hercules RMX - should I make the plunge?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

tradesHome userMember since 2009
I've been spinning vinyl for a few years but have played around with various 'all-in-one' controllers and think i want to make the switch.

I'm getting quote $314 USD for a new Hercules RMX from an electronics store here in NYC. And after looking around online - that seems to be a very good price.

After spending time reading the forums, it seems liike that is the best controller for the money for someone not yet ready to bump up to Vestax. Anyone have any input? It would really help my decision making...

Cheers,
Trades

发表时间 Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 3:44 pm
If you don't need to scratch, then the Hrecules RMX is ideal for an all-in-one controller.

You get everything that you need to get up and running - A good quality controller with a built-in DJ sound card and a free DJ Console Edition of VirtualDJ. You can also upgrade the DJ Console Edition to VirtualDJ Pro at a considerable discount off the normal price.

发表时间 Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 12:36 pm
I have been using the RMX for about a year and it is a solid mixer. You can scratch with it, but you have to get used to the different feel, because the jog wheel do not spin. However, you can get real creative when you use the cue buttons, loops and jog wheels together for your mixes. The only issue I have with the RMX is that you have to be careful with electro static discharge. Since it is an all metal case, the RMX will go out if it gets shocked; however, you can keep your gig going if you use the keyboard and mouse. When it happened to me, I had to improvise a pause by having somebody talk for a minute, so that I could replug the RMX USB cord.

Anyway, it's worth the investment. The equipment is solid and the sound quality is excellent. You won't be disappointed. Make sure you have the latest version (6.05 or higher) and download the latest Hercules driver, if you are running Windows 7. I had some earlier issues, but they have been resolved.

I hope this helps.

DJ BigReg

发表时间 Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 11:12 am
I have been using the RMX since it came out!!! it a good investment!! you can also scratch with it when your using Time Code. I have used TT and CD and the feel is almost the same!! Its a matter of preference but defintly best for the price!!

发表时间 Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 11:32 am
electro static discharge - wtf is this? must be a US thing and something to do with the way you wire your buildings.

发表时间 Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 5:30 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Electro Static Discharge or ESD happens all the time (more in winter) in every country. If you have ever touched something metal and felt a zap (door knob, car, etc), you have felt an ESD event. The sad part is, you can only feel them if they are 3000 volts or more! Many electronics are sensitive to much lower voltages (if the case is open). Seeing as how there are slider slots on the RMX, there are openings where ESD getting inside the RMX is a possibility.

Either way, if this is a concern, avoid wool clothing (SPECIALLY WOOL SOCKS), put lotion on your hands and avoid low humidity (below 30%). Movement, like walking, with wool clothing or walking on a carpet can generate static. If you walk across the room, or move around a bit, you can also touch somthing grounded that is metal (plumbing fixture or metal computer case), before touching your RMX. This will reduce your exposure to ESD events, but I have not seen this issue with my RMX. But I have not felt a shock when touching my RMX either.

发表时间 Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 9:14 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I kind of forgot to mention, I really like my RMX and it has been great so far (about 1 year). You won't regret it for the price.

But, anybody I know who is use to TTs and CDJs seems to want the touch sensitive jogs (like the VCI 300). I don't scratch and I have never used anything other than the RMX to DJ. You may be better off getting something like the VCI 300 or NS 7 as it is probably going to feel more like what you are use to. If you don't like them (as you mentioned you were cautious) you should be able to get most of you money back as they are highly sought after controlers.

发表时间 Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 7:18 pm
Had my RMX for close to 18 months now and use both for Mobile and club gigs. Has worked flawlessly...

Roy

发表时间 Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 9:02 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)