快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: HELP!!!!! new Years eve crisis with data file....

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok my good dj Brothers and sisters,,,,,ya might know it 2 days b4 New Years eve and main gigging laptop takes a dive. Most is well though in that all music an vid files saved and backed on "several" different portable hard drives......BUT where is my database file???? ya know that all important file that saves my cue points and the data fields that I renamed in vdj that differ from the tags......oh where oh where is my little data file gone? Is it saved on the portable hard drives, where the music is? (my "default") drive e:? or is it saved on that dead internal c: drive?????

If I can recover the file from the my documents folder, how do i get the VDJ 5.x to re-find the years of data that was saved from my cues and data field changes???? What is best way to simply re-load existing file, so that VDJ sees that good ol faithful database, and all my intensive personalization?

And playlists?
Need help 911 NYEve is ticking....

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 9:59 pm
OK, so if I get this correctly, you only used the external drives for backup.

If this is correct then you will not find the database on these drives. If all the music is on your system drive (where VDJ is installed), then the database is stored in the c:\<users>\<username>\<documents>\VirtualDJ folder.

If you had a second drive/partition (D:) on the laptop and the music was held there then you should find a database in the root of that drive.

If it was on the C: drive then you may be in trouble. There is software around like "GetDataBack" that will allow you to read a defective drive (as long as its not the primary drive) and recover files even if the FAT table has been screwed.

Hope this helps,

Roy

发表时间 Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 4:08 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
That's a sad news man.
But if if you're using your back-up drive when you use the VDJ it will automatically write the VDJdatabase on drive where your music are.
Try searching the xml file VDJdatabase5 on your back up disk and hope you can salvage some.

发表时间 Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 4:45 am
Music on your C: drive will create a database file in the VirtualDJ folder on the C: drive. Any music that you play from other drives like your E: drive will be on the root of the E: drive look for the "VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml" or "VirtualDJ Local Database v6.xml". When making backups of your music always be sure and backup these VirtualDJ xml files as well.

The XML file has all the information on your files including the drive letter and file path.

Quote :

<Song FilePath="J:\My Videos\Dance Music Videos\LeAnn Rimes - Nothin' Better To Do (Bimbo Jones Radio Mix).mpg" FileSize="214679556" Flag="64">
<Display Color="8762197" Tag="2" />
<Infos SongLength="10265491" FirstSeen="809141509" />
<BPM Bpm="19177" Phase="12513" />
<FAME IsScanned="510" Volume="4290" Key="Cm" />
<Automix MixType="2" TempoStart="12582" TempoEnd="9658550" FadeStart="0" FadeEnd="10260480" RealStart="0" RealEnd="10260480" />
</Song>

So as long as the drive letter is the same as well as the location of the files on the drive it should work. I use two duplicate computer systems, including duplicate drives. One is my primary system the other is my backup incase for any reason my primary system fails. At the end of the night I make a backup of my all my Virtual DJ files and copy them over to my backup system.

I also use a USB drive that I make a backup copy of the XML files at the end of each session. I'll create a folder named "VJ Backup XX-XX" for the XX-XX for the month and the year. Then I'll create a folder for each of my music drives Drive L:, Drive M: and so on. Then just copy the XML file from the root of each drive to the Drive letter folders I just created. I'll also copy the entire VirtualDJ folder from My Documents, which has my playlists and other saved info all to the "VJ Backup XX-XX" folder.

发表时间 Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 10:16 am
djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
good news, The datafile WAS in fact in c: my docs folder.....but after only a $150 fee to a "geek squad" datarecovery expert, all data was pulled successfully off the dead drive......whoopie !!!! New Years eve was "off the chain" probably picked up 4-5 gigs from my throw down mixin .....thanks VDJ brothers for the rallly and help info...I had been holding off upgrading from ver 5.2 to 6 because of some of the database issues posted in forums.....but at about 2pm NYE had to reinstall VDJ program and "face the music" w/ ver 6.....and taaa daaa worked flawlessly!!!! all cues and file renaming stayed in place....d.a.m.n. dodged a bullet...

发表时间 Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 6:52 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)