快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: RMX and headphone issues using BOSE companion computer speakers

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i am using a desktop computer with virtual DJ 6. I have just got a HERCULES RMX. i am trying to use headphones to preview a track but cant hear anything. Having messed about with the sound settings in virtual Dj i still cant get it to work. i either hear both tracks through the headphones or both tracks through my computer Bose speakers, i want to hear one through the headphones to preview/cue and one through the computer speakers. Can anyone help.

发表时间 Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 2:39 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
When using the Pro version, the Audio setup should look something like this:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone > Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

-Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx

Then , simply connect your speakers to Output 1/2 and your headphone to the top or front connector you you are good to go.

Not more complicated than that!

发表时间 Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 2:59 pm
my speakers are bose companion 5 which means usb connector to my computer and not to the rmx. do i need external speakers

发表时间 Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 4:27 pm
martinwr1 wrote :
my speakers are bose companion 5 which means usb connector to my computer and not to the rmx. do i need external speakers

That means your speakers would be recognised as a sound card which would mean making the sound card setting the Bose. However if you do not select the RMX as the sound card I don't think you can use it to cue...

Can you try, not using the Bose and using the settings suggested by Phatso and see whether you can get the headphones to work through the RMX first. Then try changing the sound card to the Bose and see what happens.

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 4:43 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate
Unfortunately the options you need to have available for this setup are going to require the full pro version of VDJ. Once you have this you can set your system up to use two sound cards and set up the Bose units as the main and the RMX to provide the cue/PFL signal.

The alternative would be to invest in a speaker system which allows you to feed the RMX output into a line level input on the speakers.

Lots of people are making the same error when buying the RMX. It is a great unit but was designed to provide the professional user with an all in one unit that would plug into a power amp and speaker system. It was not designed to hook into a home computer/sound system. That is not to say that you can't but it is not intended to operate with the system you have "out of the box". So go pro or change your speaker setup, the choice is yours.

Daz

发表时间 Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 6:05 pm
Dazmax wrote :
Lots of people are making the same error when buying the RMX. It is a great unit but was designed to provide the professional user with an all in one unit that would plug into a power amp and speaker system. It was not designed to hook into a home computer/sound system. That is not to say that you can't but it is not intended to operate with the system you have "out of the box". So go pro or change your speaker setup, the choice is yours.

Well said...

Roy

发表时间 Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 7:27 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
The Rmx soundcard, like any other DJ soundcard is designed to connect speakers to it. Whether they are home computer, HI-FI or pro sound system depends on your usage and the quality of the soundcard itself.

Now this case is a bit special since your speakers have their own soundcard and connect through USB, but i also noticed that there is an input on the speakers control pod. All you have to do is to connect Output 1/2 of the Rmx to this input (using a male mini jack to male RCA cable) and you'll have your main mix coming out of your speakers.

I would refrain from using the 2 soundcards option in VDJ for a couple of reasons:

- VDJ uses the first output pairs of every soundcard. Since the headphone output of the Rmx is assigned to output 3/4, you wouldn't be able to use it in this configuration.

- If the 2 soundcards are not using the same sample rate, well let's just say the sound will be less than enjoyable.

- Using to different soundcards means that the software is talking to 2 different hardwares at the same time which may reduce the performance of the PC.

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 6:52 am
Didn't see the input on the controller... That would do the trick...

Roy

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 11:54 am
Phatso

Absolutley!!!! If the speaker system has a jack input then this is the connection to use.

The reason many people are having issues with the PC speaker setup as mentioned before is that most want to hook up the RMX and have it playing through the PC system wile retaining the system connections to the PC itself. It can be done but is usually a pain in the butt. The RMX was not designed to work this way.

I believe that you can set the config up to use a pair of cards and swap which signals are sent to which card. You would set the RMX as the secondary multi chan card and the BOSE as the primary driver. But your comment on latency and extra load on the computer is a very valid one and would have to be taken into consideration when doing this.

Daz

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 4:48 pm
Cheers guys will give the Bose input option a go

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 6:00 pm
Thanks to all the comments. Got it all working through the Bose aux socket as stated cheers for the prompt responces.

发表时间 Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 4:02 pm
Great to hear that you got it sorted.

Thanks to Phatso for spotting the line jack!!

Happy New Year

Daz

发表时间 Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 9:59 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)