快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: transport files and database?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'd like to set all my BPM analyzing and Cue Points from within my desktop computers VDJ and hard drive.

Then move the file library and database to an external HDD for use on my laptop when I go out on the field.

What would be the best method of doing this (I don't mind losing whats previously within my laptops VDJ database).

Many many thanks as always and seasons greetings :)

发表时间 Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 9:54 pm
easy to do; just copy all the songs you use from your internal PC's HD along with the xml database file located in your c:my documents\virtualdj\ folder. Place the xml file in the root drive of your external database. It is not necessary, but I always rename (using notepad) the "C:\" with the drive letter of the ext. drive before I place it in the root of the external. Oh, the xml file needs to be renamed too. I can't remember exactly what that is but someone else will answer that for you hopefully.

发表时间 Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 4:07 pm
Hmmm...ok.

My desktop has several HDDs attached. I could see how copying the C:/My Documents database to the laptop would work (and rename the drive within the xml) but I see that each song within the HDD that stores my song database calls out that particular HDD. I definately couldnt see myself editing each and every song data string within that xml file hehe

Perhaps a utility that will do this for me?

Thanks for the feedback =)

发表时间 Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 6:04 pm
lolz...anyone?

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 1:28 am
I do this all the time. On notepad/wordpad there is a tool that will find and replace any string such as C:\ to an F:\ .

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 3:23 am
and Remember that the xml in the C drive is called something sklightly different than the one in the ext. HD. which, I think, is called virtualDJ local database v6, as opposed to virtualDJ database v6, but dubble-check me on that one.

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 3:26 am
bryantpb wrote :
and Remember that the xml in the C drive is called something sklightly different than the one in the ext. HD. which, I think, is called virtualDJ local database v6, as opposed to virtualDJ database v6, but dubble-check me on that one.

You are correct...

Roy

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 5:49 am
thanks for the help guys. I'll keep ya posted as to how well it works out =)

I def think I'll just use the same HDD between the two comps in the future hehe

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 5:11 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)