快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Hercules RMX with Virtual DJ problem

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi, I currently use my Hercules RMX with Virtual DJ and I have this strange problem. Sometimes I will be playing in a club (even though I have stopped using the RMX for now and gone back to CDs) and then the Hercules will start playing up. Eg. I will move the crossfader and it will do random midi functions like stop or start the track or move the volumes up or down or any controls. The other controls on it will do the same thing in Virtual too. The only solution is restarting Virtual so I dont think its a hardware problem, especially because it does not do this with any other program I have used. I need to sort this problem or my Hercules/Virtual combo is pretty useless.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rich

发表时间 Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 10:03 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
First thing would be to test the console outside of VDJ to see there seems to be a hardware problem (some random button or fader action, etc). You can use the following procedure to do so:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00353.pdf

If everything seems fine, then go through the basics:

- Update to the latest driver for the Rmx, latest update for VDJ

- Check for possible updates for your computer (chipset driver, BIOS update, Windows Updates)

This could also be the results of an electrostatic discharge. The console gets shocked, it triggers something in the chip, etc...

1) If the issue is problem of difference of potentials between 2 gears.

If the issue happens when you touch another electric device at the same time as the Rmx (as a mixing table, an amplifier (or heaphones or a microphone plugged to an amplifier), amplified speakers, ), it is not an electro-static problem: it is a problem of difference of potential between the Rmx and the other device, which probably meansthe connection to the ground doesn't work (it means the ground of the computer and the ground of the other electric device are not at the same potential), so a short term solution is to plug the computer and the other device (the device you touch at the same time when you get the discharge generated by the difference of potential) on the same power supply, and a long term solution is to ask an electrician to check your electric network.

2) If the origin of your problem is an electrostatic discharge

It is probably electrostatic discharge if the issue happens always when you put the hand on the DJ Console Rmx, and a way to prevent is would be to:

- remove the screw holding the aluminum plate to the console on rear panel close to the USB plug,
- wind a thin metal cable (as a copper cable) around the screw
- fix the screw again,
- wind the other end of the copper cable around the input 1-2 ground screw.

发表时间 Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 6:39 am
I had the same problem and I agree its an electro static issue.

The solution which worked for me was to buy a high quality USB cable (I have the Belkin AV USB) since using this I have not had any issues with the RMX (I have been using it for a year with the new cable, 3-4 nights a week).

Dan

发表时间 Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 11:02 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)