快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Slow database searches and freezes with 6.04

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Searching the database seems painfully slow with 6.04 compared with previous versions, I often get freezes of 5-10 seconds when performing a search, audio and video keep running but the laptop screen freezes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am running on Windows 7, didnt notice it in Vista

发表时间 Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 3:25 pm
What system and version of windpws 7 you running?

Searching the database seems painfully slow with 6.04 compared with previous versions, I often get freezes of 5-10 seconds when performing a search, audio and video keep running but the laptop screen freezes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am running on Windows 7, didnt notice it in Vista

发表时间 Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 9:44 pm
Running on an Acer Aspire 9304wsmi Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium), AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile Tech TL56 (1.8ghz, 2 x 512 L2 Cache, 4gb ddr2 Ram, GeForce Go 6100 384bmb Graphics, 120gb internal hard drive.

发表时间 Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 11:12 pm
running the database on an external or complete internal HD ?

发表时间 Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 12:59 am
Running with 4 external USB2 drives via a powered USB hub, it seems to be since changing to windows 7 that its slow at searching, it was ok in vista, although in general the cpu useage in windows 7 is much lower.

发表时间 Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 8:55 am
Are they portable HDD's that could possibly be spinning down?

发表时间 Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 11:04 am
Dlearious wrote :
Are they portable HDD's that could possibly be spinning down?

No there are normal full size external drives and I have them set in the device manage to not let windows power them down.

发表时间 Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 8:00 am
I am having the SAME issue, but with Windows XP. I use VDJ 6.04 and since the upgrade, it takes 5 seconds to even see what I was typing in the search box and another 5 seconds to see the results. I have plenty of ram, I did a database creation and it STILL doesn't speed things up, so I killed background programs yet still no change.

发表时间 Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 6:40 pm
tzoromski1 wrote :
I am having the SAME issue, but with Windows XP. I use VDJ 6.04 and since the upgrade, it takes 5 seconds to even see what I was typing in the search box and another 5 seconds to see the results. I have plenty of ram, I did a database creation and it STILL doesn't speed things up, so I killed background programs yet still no change.

Thats exactly the problem I am having its been since 6.04 as well, I have 4gb of ram this has never been an issue before.

发表时间 Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 9:36 pm
I have experienced this so called issue in Virtual DJ from version 5.0 up until 6.04 on Windows XP & Vista. I believe it is the way VDJ probes the HDD's to search data folders for files registered in the database. I also have fast desktop sized 3.5" 7200RPM HDD's...used both IDE and SATA styles no real difference. I don't have any slowness when typing in search queries, but if I am searching my HDD's with data sizes of over 10GB...VDJ takes up to 5-10 secs to load the file in the folder. My MP3's are also broken down into many subfolders which I imagine takes up some time. When VDJ probes the folder my HDD LED goes solid and I hear the disk crackling so it all never really screws up a gig, I just click and wait a few secs and boom. I wonder if there is an option to make VDJ quit verifying large directories...my main MP3 folders are 143GB and 68GB in size so I can wait a few seconds for VDJ to think about it. Unless this actually fucks you up large sauce at a gig or in the recording studio I'd say live with it...I have since it hasn't punched me in the face.

发表时间 Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 11:32 pm
Just took a look in the VDJ options...

If you go to the "Browser" Tab, under the "info gatherings" section...set "Search Datebase" option to ADD MANUALLY.

I noticed a slight decrease in folder load times. Give it a shot and see if it helps. I'll keep playing with shit...I'd like this to be faster too

发表时间 Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 11:36 pm
houseofboom wrote :
Just took a look in the VDJ options...

If you go to the "Browser" Tab, under the "info gatherings" section...set "Search Datebase" option to ADD MANUALLY.

I noticed a slight decrease in folder load times. Give it a shot and see if it helps. I'll keep playing with shit...I'd like this to be faster too

I already have it set on that option, will install 6.05 tomorrow hopefully that will sort it.

发表时间 Sun 20 Dec 09 @ 6:06 pm
I wish Atomix would post what bugs they fixed with each update.....

发表时间 Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 6:40 pm

发表时间 Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 7:34 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)