快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: cracks/pops when loading track on any deck

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djrelikPRO InfinityMember since 2008
ok so im having this problem where if im playing a song on deck A and load on on deck B (or vise versa) you hear like a skip/pop/crack not sure what to call it, but its annoying. It doesn't happen EVERY single time, but maybe 2 or 3 times during a 1 hour mix. I have the latest version of VDJ 6.04 and Im using timecode CD's

Laptop specs:
Sony Vaio dual core 2.40 ghz
Windows Vista 32 bit
3 Gig ram

and my performance tab:
presets: fastest
latency: auto
overclock: check
optimize for: latency
basic interpolation
master tempo: fast

I've read a few issues on this, but can't quite figure it out...any help would be appreciated

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 9:13 pm
Did you find any help, so far?

I first recognized this when I used the mapper to load tracks by keyboard in v5 (deck 1 browser_enter / deck 2 browser_enter), but I think it's just a coincidence that it seems to be better with drag-and-drop. Upgrading to 6.0.3 didn't change a thing about this - still it seems to occur about every 3rd track.

I tried enhancing the latency with help from DPC Latency Checker and raising the latency in the settings, I tried taking strain from CPU (Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz) and memory (4GB) with Game Booster – no big effect (also it'd be really annoying to use TCVs with more than 11ms for scratching).

Obviously the cracks/pops come at the same time the waveform pops in, but neither changing max load, nor switching off auto gain or w/e stops the machine from making that sound.

My OS is Vista Home Premium 32 Bit, a fresh Win 7 also had the problem (even my XP on a Virtual machine, but I don't count that).

The following pictures show the german version, but I think you can get it from the positions.

发表时间 Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 3:48 pm
So, I have some news about my problem.
Seems that, in my case, Vista sucked up the bit of resources that prevented VDJ from popping.
I installed XP Pro on another partition of my harddrive.
Since I have all my media on another seperate partition I hide the Windows versions from each other with a bootloader named boot-us, which is free for that function for private use.
Also I moved the application data to my media partition - after some minor registry work (replace the default application data path with the one I moved it to) playlists and some more stuff are saved for both OSs.

发表时间 Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 1:40 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)