快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: custom mapper automatically recognition

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I Have some questions about the mappers

How to make VDJ recognize your default mapper and have it automatically selected if you do a 'rescan for new devices', instead of the native one?

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 8:01 am
VDJ recognizes your controller by it's 'SysExID', the MIDI Driver or it's 'HID Hardware Unit ID'. If you plug in your controller and start VDJ it automaticly recognize your controller.

If you allready have started VDj and then plug your controller in - try a rescan for it.

In the Definition file is (for most MIDI devices) the SysExID. The Definition also defines a 'Device name' which is the name of your mapper.xml.

Greets, Heiko

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 8:16 am
Thanks.
But where to find SysExID?

How to get the SysExID for my hardware?

And by what tag in the xml is it defined?

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 8:26 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't know why you think you needed to open 3 different posts to ask the same question .... do not open another thread on this topic. Keep all your questions here.

Also, it might help if you tell us what you are trying to define and map ? And not all controllers are definable by a SysExID as all manufactures don't use them.

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 9:11 am
Well, to me the 3 questions weren't related -> that's why 3 different topics.
Sometimes if you put 3 questions in 1 topic you don't get answers to all 3 questions (people seem to overlook them), and then it only gets more confusing.

I'm trying to get the DaScratch decent mapped, since the default ones and the ones from the download section, are not complete, or not completely to my way of working/thinking.

Anyway thanks for your help.

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 9:21 am
Should be an easy thing. Download the mapper & definition (if it's included) from the download section and copy the definition file and mapper file to the folder in your VirtualDJ folder (where your VDJ Database is).

The mapping file to the 'mappers' and the definition to the 'devices' folder.

Then you can change everything you want by your own.

Greets, Heiko

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 10:22 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please download the following installer for the Stanton Controller and install the files.

Follow the directions given at download area for properly setting your DaScratch - ** Removed **

Please note that the definitions and mappings are currently under refinement and if you spend some time in the Stanton sticky thread above you will see where things are going with these units.

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 10:55 am
cstoll, I don't like the tone, you use. You seem to put it like I'm stupid...
maybe it is, but that's why I'm asking help in this forum about the mappers and the dascratch.

And YES I downloaded the mappers,
and YES I had a look at them, and yes I used the learning in vdj and yes I read the topic about the stanton dascratch above, and yes I know were these ar going.

Only thing is I'm trying to figure it all out, by asking some questions, and hopefully being able to contribute to the community.

I understand you can get annoyed by some stupid questions and repetitive questions, put always put yourself in the other ones place, and look at it more from a customer perspective....
Just think about, would you like to be talked to, like the way you do?

Now that this is cleared out, let's stop at it, and try to move forward on the mappers.

All your help is already very much appreciated, and I'll try to understand the structure of the forum, and where questions best would be put and grouped.
If you would please guide me through this?

Thanks.

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 11:14 am
Hi Just trying to get up to speed with the thread. I have VDJ 6.07 and 2 dascratches. Is there a text to identify the various features of the new VDJ dascratch mapping? Also it does not appear that the mapper has the ability to do searching and loading of files so i am still using my mouse for these things. Is that correct or am I not doing something right. Forgive my ignorance but I am just getting familiar with the processes. Lastly are there any tutorials of modifying presets and general mapping guidelines?

发表时间 Wed 17 Mar 10 @ 12:41 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)