快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: problems with vocal clips

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hey everybody...im a producer and emcee for the high poet society (highpoetsociety.com)... and i just got my hercules. now, the reason i got it is so i can scratch my own vocal clips on top my own beats, but the scratching in vdj doesnt respond like vinyl... when i play the sound, and pull back on the jog wheel, all it does is slow down... to scratch i have to quickly hit the right pause button, crossfade, backspin, hit it again, crossfade, etc.... is there any way to maybe increase the sensitivity of the jogs so that i can backspin while the clip stays in play mode, or is this a feature only available in a fully purchased version....? (oh, and btw the update idea is great)

id appreciate any help with this...

peace
mic-b

发表时间 Fri 06 May 05 @ 6:17 am
you'll need the full version for scratching with the hercules dj console.
But if you got a turntable, i would give tcv a chance, maybee it's more what your looking for, i've used the hdc but I gave up & ordered me some tcv, it works great

发表时间 Fri 06 May 05 @ 3:06 pm
yeah, i was thinking about tcv... but the reason i got this in the first place is that the turntables we use here in the studio belong to my boy AG.... so i can only scratch when he's around... aside from that, the 750$ pricetag difference between a full 1200's setup and the console is what really attracted me to it....

has anyone heard about these EKG XP10's?

anywho, back to my question...
the full version DOES have that capability, right? (i can already scratch, i just want it to keep playing when i releae the jog for vocal samples)

thanks again
mic-b

发表时间 Fri 06 May 05 @ 7:12 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You will probably find that the Herc jog wheels are not accurate enough for you to scratch reliably. I would suggest getting the full version of VDJ as soon as possible so that you can test it and still have time to return the console.

I own a pair of XP10's and they are great, however they are probably not the ideal setup for scratching. For that, TCV seems to be the consensus winner.

发表时间 Fri 06 May 05 @ 7:37 pm
awesome... do you think its worth it to get one of the numark packages and then upgrade the units later?

do numarks have good resale value?

thanks again
mic-b

发表时间 Sat 07 May 05 @ 12:31 am
if all you want to do is scratch the yes the numark package would be good...Just might want to get some good scrtching needles

发表时间 Sat 07 May 05 @ 6:59 am
actually... i figured out a way to scratch on the hercules console...

it takes some getting used to, because your actually scratching backwards, but if you have the crossfader off, come from the right of the sample you want, and then use the crossfader and the play/pause button in sequence to baby back and forth... if you have quick fingers you can land some pretty cool sounds, but kinda tough to do with the cramped crossfader...

getting better...

what are your thoughts on this?

peace
mic-b

发表时间 Sat 07 May 05 @ 8:21 am
that didnt really make much sense when i read it again, so let me clarify...

"but if you have the crossfader off, come from the right of the sample you want, spin the jog wheel left (if on the right jog), and then use the crossfader and the play/pause button in sequence to baby back and forth..."

hope that makes more sense

mic

发表时间 Sat 07 May 05 @ 8:23 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When I was using the Herc, I'd record my scratches (over and over until I was satisfied) and then use those recordings as samples during my performance.

I've gotten some good scratches from the Herc, but never reliably enough for me, so the recording option above was a decent work around.

发表时间 Sat 07 May 05 @ 7:56 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've read on other posts, like this one says, that the DJ console isn't too good for real scratching. I haven't tried it though. I have heard some decent scratching from Blackgold with XP 10's so it seems possible from them. TCV is the consensus winner though for scratching. Now, for the NUmark DJ in a box package....while affordable, they are belt driven turntables. Stay away from belt drive if you want to scratch. They don't react fast enough after the release. If you're just starting maybe go for a TT-200 from Numark or STanton's entry level direct drive. I use the TT-500's from Numark and love them. I liked them as much as the TTX from Numark and they were $100 US cheaper for each one. I also use the Stanton 500 AL cartridge which works great and isn't too expensive. I think both perform as well if not better then 1200's, which I grew up using for about 10 years. Now, I can't speak to reliability and quality over time as I've only had them about 8 months. The 1200's certainly hold their value and performance forever so you can't knock them. Good luck.

发表时间 Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 3:06 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)