快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Recording @ Editing Mixes Question. Please help

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ok, i'm looking to do some recording and editing of my mixes obviously, i know how to use the record feature in vdj, but it doesnt give option to edit. Is there a program i can record and edit with while using VDJ? and if so, how do i set up? help will so much appreciated. My clubs need some demos. thx

发表时间 Sat 14 Nov 09 @ 3:44 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

发表时间 Sat 14 Nov 09 @ 8:40 pm
Most will swear by the program Audacity for recording and editing (and it's free) but I used it a couple of times and it crashed on me and I lost the whole recording. Since you're a Mac user what you need is a program called Amadeus Pro...

http://www.hairersoft.com/AmadeusPro/AmadeusPro.html

Here are the reasons it's way better than Audacity:

-It doesn't crash (and if it did there is a mode you can activate that will record a file real time that will save what you recorded up until the crash)
-The interface is way more user friendly because you can 'scrub' through the track easily (i.e. fast forward & rewind) or easily jump to any point in the recording.
-Unlike Audacity you don't have to mess with a complicated plug-in to convert to mp3 format.
-It has a manual that is very thorough and easy to understand.
-It uses hardly any CPU resources
-It's designed specifically for Mac

Mind you it costs like $40.00, but it's money well spent.

To answer the other part of your question; to hook up your computer to record all you need to do is hook up a RCA to 1/8" Y adapter from the output of your mixer into the input jack of your Mac. Or, you can even just take a 1/8" to 1/8" cable going from your headphone jack directly back into your input jack.

发表时间 Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 11:03 am
Cyder:

Maybe you can help me. Searched the forums and haven't got an answer. I am trying to figure out how not to restart a master mix session on vdj 6, in case that you make a mistake during a session. Can you rewind a track, edit before the error and restart the recording session again? It's taking too long to record a master mix w/o having that feature to backtrack the song and edit.

thanks
djpj-vintage dj since 1981

发表时间 Fri 25 Dec 09 @ 6:21 pm
bump?

发表时间 Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 1:41 pm
I highly recommend Sound Studio. I use it for recording, editing and mastering my sets.

发表时间 Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 2:32 am
RosebudHome userMember since 2010
I've recently purchased a Hercules Mixer MK2 with VirtualDJ with Version 3.2 software. When i went to the Record Tab it said i couldnt.

I the went to the upgrade software and downloaded VirtualDJ4.1 and i still have the same error.

i've written a Ticket to the help desk and had no reply (Sunday 21st March)

Please can someone help as i really want to record my mixes.

Looking foward to your replies.

thanks

Rosebud

发表时间 Tue 02 Mar 10 @ 3:07 pm
Hello Rosebud,

We always need the same information for all technical bugs:
1) Computer configuration
- Computer model
- CPU
- RAM
- Operating system with complete version number (for example Mac OS 10.5.8 or Windows XP SP3)
- DJ Console series driver

2) What is the exact error message?

发表时间 Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 8:42 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)