快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: What Vista services can you safely kill?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys...:o)

As it says, I'm just wondering if anyone can advise...I've just upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate due to graphics card restrictions with a 9600gt 1gb ddr3.

Can anybody advise what Vista services are safe to kill?

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

发表时间 Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 6:38 pm
Download Game Booster free it will kill processes before starting up VDJ. It resets on reboot or you can manually reset it. Since using it I have had no issues with VDJ / Vista.

发表时间 Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 8:31 am
Ok...scratch that idea (mine, not Chris's!!!)

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW THE HELL YOU INSTALL VISTA?!?!?!?!

And i'm only shouting cos i've been trying to get it to install like all last night, all day today and i'll be doing it again all night tonight.

It keeps freezing on "Expanding Files".

Please...for the love of VDJ...somebody please help me!!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH.

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

发表时间 Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 10:32 am
chriso710 wrote :
Download Game Booster free it will kill processes before starting up VDJ. It resets on reboot or you can manually reset it. Since using it I have had no issues with VDJ / Vista.

I've been having a few problems and I just downloaded this and it FREAKING ROCKS!
Cleared up several of the process problems I was having. Got a gig tonight and looking forward to pushing it to the limit and seeing how much more speed I get. Thanks for the info!

发表时间 Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 11:40 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Let us know supergreg.

发表时间 Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 3:42 pm
Pionara wrote :

And i'm only shouting cos i've been trying to get it to install like all last night, all day today and i'll be doing it again all night tonight.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH.

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

how long are you waiting? maybe turn off sata native / ahci in your bios - this is assuming you're using a retail dvd off course. otherwise, burn it at a slower speed using better quality media.

The following site should give you an indication about services: http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

发表时间 Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 5:47 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Another little tip. Go to PC Decrapifier , and download their free software. It will scan your system, and give you a list of things that can be deleted.

发表时间 Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 5:47 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
how long are you waiting?

Hours. Seriously...i've tried to install it so many times I'm surprised that the key is still active.

I was on the phone to microsoft today for like two hours and even they couldn't help me. I've reverted back to my XP install...reinstalled all up to date drivers for everything i had. I've completely wiped my music, karaoke and video drives, lost EVERYTHING related to VDJ and how my system was setup before. I'm basically starting from scratch.

My VU discs are brand new, still sealed when i got them with a legit product key and everything (as certified by microsoft themselves) so i don't think the issue is with the software....well, obviously it is but you know what i mean.

I've reinstalled SP2 for XP, the latest drivers and the windows vista compatability check thing...all comes back clean other than two potential program compatability issues...one for windows messenger and one for my 9800gt drivers...both of which can be easily fixed.

My machine is a custom built machine and all i'm running from it just now is my dvd drive, mouse, keyboard and a 40gb sata drive for installing the os too. My VU is the upgrade version which can be used on top of XP SP2 so i (and microsoft and COUNTLESS others - try a google search for 'install vista - freeze on expanding files' and see what i mean!!!) can't fathom it out.

Apparently there are RAM issues so i've even cut my ram down from 4gb to one stick of 2gb for the install and i still am having issues.

Did anybody else have these problems when installing Vista?

andrew87 wrote :
burn it at a slower speed using better quality media.

What is a better quality media? Any suggestions as to what program i should use to copy the disc?

Wit's end doesn't quite cut it here, you know?

:o|

发表时间 Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 6:58 pm
My comment about burning it was only relevant if you had downloaded the disc image from something like technet. As you have a retail dvd it should work just fine. How are you trying to install vista, through windows itself or by booting from the dvd-rom? I never recommend trying to install windows or update your bios from windows itself.

If this doesn't work, time to look into your bios settings. Try restoring them to the default settings and running in ide mode rather than ahci or raid. Finally if you're still having problems, a bios update may help.

发表时间 Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 7:20 pm
SUPERGREG wrote :
chriso710 wrote :

I've been having a few problems and I just downloaded this and it FREAKING ROCKS!
Cleared up several of the process problems I was having. Got a gig tonight and looking forward to pushing it to the limit and seeing how much more speed I get. Thanks for the info!

Cool, Hope you had a great gig how did it go. Another app I mentioned long time ago is ENDITALL , I still have my copy and this also closes unneeded processes although I haven't found the need to use it for many months. The difference with this one is you after reboot should you want the processes back as compared to Gamesbooster justing having an on/ off mode.

发表时间 Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 4:22 am
Pionara wrote :

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH.

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Will it not upgrade XP?

发表时间 Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 4:24 am
chriso710 wrote :
Will it not upgrade XP?

Nope. I've tried everything i can think of to get it to work...and so has the microsoft tech guy.

They've suggested my hard drive is faulty...but i've tried the install onto two seperate drives.
They've suggested my DVD drive is faulty...but i've tried the install from another dvd drive.

I've now just reinstalled all my XP stuff AGAIN and will try again to get it to work...but i'm not holding out much hope.

As much as I like microsoft and xp and all things computer related...i'm really disappointed in all this.

The most annoying thing as you can imagine is the fact that there are no error messages or anything which is a pain in the ass. At least with XP you got a BSOD which could be deciphered to an extent. Vista is just nothing.

Not to mention the time i've spent installing/reinstalling everything. This is going on three days now...install after install.

Grr...}:o|

P

发表时间 Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 7:44 am
Andrew87 wrote :
How are you trying to install vista, through windows itself or by booting from the dvd-rom?

发表时间 Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 12:11 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I think your down to processor / motherboard issue after swapping all those parts. Also try different hard drive / DVD cables. Could be a BIOS setting, try to set to defaults. If not change the SATA mode to something like ATA/COMBO/LEGACY. Make sure your not overclocking anything.

When your expanding files, its really taxing the system. The system has high rates or read and writes. Uncompressing the files hits the ram and CPU pretty hard too. Make sure you have at least double the space used is free. If lets say you a 40gb drive, make sure you have more than 20gb free if installing by upgrade.

Try installing all the ram, run memtest x86.

-David

发表时间 Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 8:04 pm
chriso710 wrote :
SUPERGREG wrote :
chriso710 wrote :

Cool, Hope you had a great gig how did it go. Another app I mentioned long time ago is ENDITALL , I still have my copy and this also closes unneeded processes although I haven't found the need to use it for many months. The difference with this one is you after reboot should you want the processes back as compared to Gamesbooster justing having an on/ off mode.

Everything worked like a champ! The issues I was having, I tried shutting down so much that somewhere along the line it made things WORSE so after I did a system restore to fix all the craziness I did I found this thread and like I said, Gamebooster worked great! I think the fact that you can turn it on and off safely is what I like so much.

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 09 @ 1:15 pm
If your RAM is 800 mhz try loweing it to 667 in the BIOS and reinstall Vista, I had this issue and DJCyder and myself worked long and hard and that did the trick. Worth a shot. Or even get a different HD and try to install it on there.

发表时间 Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 3:41 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)