快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: VDJ 6.xx Freezes

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi.
Since updated to 6.xx, VDJ suddenly freezes. It happend on MacBookPro+BootCamp with WinXP and on Win 7 and Hercules MK2 or RMX, and in PC with Win XP and on Win 7 with Hercules MK2 or RMX, no matter wich console I tried and no matter wich Windows I tried, and no matter wich machine type I tried. Trying tricks I realised that what was causing the freezing is that VDJ loses connection to USB console, in this case, both are from Hercules. Both has the last firmware and the last drivers. To continue the gig, I have to quit VDJ, un-plug the Hercules, re-plug it and re-open VDJ. It just happens with 6.xx It's very frustrating and frightening, it holds me stressing with one finger over the CD-Player.
Please, Team, solve it!!!

发表时间 Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 7:58 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are using a MacBook Pro then what USB port are you using ? And have you tried using a POWERED Hub instead of direct off the MacBook?

It is well documented that the MacBook Pro's have a USB ports that are under-powered and can not support most devices that require power from the port. This is easily remedied by using a USB Hub that has it's own power source.

发表时间 Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 8:28 pm
Allright, but I'm also trying it on a HP Laptop, and it happens too in the same way. And as I said, it only happens since I updated to 6.xx. I bought a Hercules RMX because I thought my MK2 was getting broke, but it happens with both....

发表时间 Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 5:24 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi,

please tell me about your soundcard and performance settings.
PICs are always a good way ;-)

Haui

发表时间 Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 5:34 am
It happens to me with an Macbook pro 2.66 6MB cache, 4GB RAM/9600 GT, Edirol FA66, a Lacie 2TB firewire 800 HD. I thought it was the Edirol that doesn't like the PC Vista 32/Bootcamp/VDJ 6.0.2 environment since it doesn't happens with VLC player (PC). Same config works ok on the MAC side. But I need more testing. So I'm interested in whatever someone with more experience on this matter has to say.

发表时间 Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 11:48 am
Haui... uuups! What are PICs?

发表时间 Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 7:47 am
;-) Pictures :o)

发表时间 Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 9:37 am
Oh.... yeah....... hehehehe.... Me Tarzan, You Jane... I was thinking of some strange iniitials... :S
Well, MacBook Pro 2.4, 3Gb memory, 17'' and HP Pavilion Laptop HDX 9130, 2Gb memory, 2.2 Core 2 duo, 20'' Ati HD 2600 XT. Boh on max performance power configuration.
Both the same performace settings on VDJ, the same that always worked before VDJ 6.xx: 512 latency no safe no OC, master tempo advanced with 3 on complexity, 48-44 lowpass filter at 11 with smooth filter and scratch settings for latency and simple algorithm, and always ASIO mode. 2 different Hercules consoles: MK2 and RMX. Every combos of every ingredient turn into indigestion. Differents times to freezing, and maybe a few days no freezing, but standard is freezing...
I hope this makes your mind more clear....

发表时间 Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 7:49 pm
Hey Tarzan,

it's me, Jane!

If you mean you have the performace slider totaly on left side, it is OK.
But if you have the performace slider totaly to the right, it is bad.

Out there are not much soundcards, who can handle this wihout trouble.

Try these performance settings:

Presets -> Absolut to the left (fastest or MAX one step to the right)
Latency > AUTO
Savemode & Overclock > disabled
Scratch > Quality & Simple Algo
48-44 > Basic Interpolation (low pass is only needed when you use Videos.)
Master Tempo > Fast

Please check also in the soundcard config, Ultra Latency must be disabled.

Check at least, the RMX Config (Access via the RMX Icon in your Taskbar) must also switched to ASIO.
So VDJ & RMX are on ASIO Mode.

Load the latest driver from the Hercules Homepage.

With this i hope you can mix without any problems in the jungle, lol!

See you
Haui

PS:Does the freeze disappear, when you wait for a while (3-10sec?)

发表时间 Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 5:46 am
Hehehe... Thanks, Jane

Every settings are as you describe, but latency. Auto gives me problems, because it changes dynamically and often chooses "crispy sound" latencies. I've been using 512 ms latency for years with great results. I'm also using low pass filter in 44-48 conv 'cause using videos. About waiting for a while, not working. I have to close VDJ, unplug the RMX or MK2, re-plug it and re-open VDJ, and everything is OK then.

Do you boys know which USB port of the MacBook Pro is the one that have energy problems?

Thanks...

发表时间 Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 10:33 am
Ok, the USB ports with power problems are the two on the left side (by the MagSafe power connection)....
I'll try some gigs using the right hand port.....

发表时间 Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 10:42 am
Update:
All external USB port of a MAC (at least of 2007 MacBook Pro 17'' alluminium ones) are just Full-Speed, this is, 12Mbps, not high-speed (480 Mbps). The MBP has high-speed ports, but they are internal, to plug-in internal components. And some of the external ones have internal components plugged in. The best of the 3 ext ports is, from the left side, the one far from the magsafe power cord, because it has no internal component in its USB root, but I think the more stable are the right-hand one.
Also Apple recommends using external powerd USB Hubs for plugging high power consume devices, such as external HDDs, or sound cards, or external powered USB devices.....

发表时间 Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 8:12 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)