快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Technics SL-1200 MK2s vs. The Rest.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Why do people purchase the SL1200s? I researched the torque on them, and it is 1.5 kg/cm. But I see other turntables like the Stanton T.80s that are over 1.6 kg/cm! Is there something that I'm not understanding?

Is there another factor that is in play, aside from the torque?

Thanks!

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 5:54 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes, the fact they are and have been the industry standard for donkeys years. They just go on forever.

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 6:26 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
There is no vs...the MKII Techs are the atom bomb of the industry. They revolutionized everything to follow.....

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 6:49 pm
And soon they will be discontinued. From what I understand They will no longer be produced after 2010, so get em while you can as they are about to get a whole lot more expensive..

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 7:05 pm
it is rather the simplicity and the quality of the turntable. all use them and they "never" break. However, the feature set is limited.

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 7:14 pm
Technics are no longer the end-all be-all of turntables. I had 1200's for years but for my style of DJ'ing the Numark TTXs are far superior for the following reasons:

-adjustable torque up to 4.5 kg (better for scratching)
-the option of being able to use a straight tone-arm (better for scratching)
-adjustable start-up and brake speeds
-the ability to configure the deck for "battle mode"
-line out output (no need for a ground wire)
-adjustable pitch range (±8%, ±10%, ±20%, and ±50%)

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 7:23 pm
But is it true that they only have 1.5kg of torque? I heard the industry standard is 1.7kg

I love the way the technics look. But there are other alternatives, right?

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 7:59 pm
I dont know about those numbers.. All i can say is this..... Technics are the Number one choice. Since technics can take a beating, you can get a pair used from 400-thu 500 with needles.

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 9:30 pm
paulheu wrote :
And soon they will be discontinued. From what I understand They will no longer be produced after 2010, so get em while you can as they are about to get a whole lot more expensive..

And where, pray tell, did you hear such an urban legend? Care to cite a source.

Funny that there is no official announcement about this anywhere on the manufacturers page, or anywhere else for that matter.

And moreover, why on earth would Panasonic/Matsuhita pull the plug on the SL-1200? It might not generate a significant portion of the companys income, but it sure as hell is not a unprofitable product. In fact, it's one of the few products in the world that just keeps selling on its own merit without ANY marketing.

Seriously, what would be the point of killing such a guaranteed cash cow AND generate bad press for the company?

发表时间 Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 6:12 am
I am fortunate to own both tech 1210's and also a set of numark ttx. So I guess I can give you a direct comparisson.

The technics are industry standard, the build quality is immense. The torque is set to what technics belive to give you the best feel. The ttx are too strong and dont feel right in comparrison.

The ttx is am impressive deck the features are great, especialy the line out rather then phono out, but they are numark build and it shows.

Technics all the way.

发表时间 Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 8:11 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I had Numark ttx and I LOVED them. Before all my turntables were stolen, I was using the ttx's way more than my techs. The only problem I had with em was one night, a drunken fool got his shirt caught on the tonearm and it got yanked pretty hard. that table had a bad humm ever since. Had the same thing happen to the techs and NO PROBLEM.

Techs are built like old school Tonka Trucks. They just don't break.

The Stantons I hear are ROCK SOLID!!! but I don't know if they can stand the test of time and usage and abuse as the techs have.

I know dj's and clubs that have had the same pair of techs for 20+ years.

I'm not saying that techs are still the best turntables ever but there is a reason they are and have been the industry standard.

发表时间 Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 10:19 am
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I bought my 1200's for $236US each in 1984.
They replaced my 1979 SL-1600's.(the thumb wheel tempo wasn't cool but the LED tempo bargraph sure was)

The 1200's are by far the most reliable DJ tool I have owned in 30 years. In fact they have out lived 6 coffin cases!

Thanks for jogging the memory guy's!

Kevin

发表时间 Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 10:29 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)