快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Scanning videos in new external drive

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

vjtrePRO InfinityMember since 2008
Well, I recently purchased an external drive Terabyte, an “upgrade” from my 500MB external drive. All my videos transferred just fine however, I was under the impression that as long as I inserted my new external drive in the same drive (F) as I have been doing, that all of my videos would still show as being scanned.

NOPE. None of them are, all 2000 of them. UGH! I’m scanning them now but, did I do something wrong? Was there a way they would have shown up scanned without me having to scan them all over again?

Tre

发表时间 Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 9:49 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
did you also transfer your vdj data xml file as well, look on the old drive and see if you can see these files,

发表时间 Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 6:26 am
tayla wrote :
did you also transfer your vdj data xml file as well, look on the old drive and see if you can see these files,

Thanks Tayla,

Maybe that was an obvious thing to think about but I'm not tech savvy when it comes to this stuff - still learning. Darryl told me this last night after I sent him a text reading "OMG, none of my videos are scanned." LOL. When I woke up this morning my videos were still scanning but I imagine they will be done when I get home. Even though I've rescanned them, can I still copy the xml file over to the new drive so that my settings (cue points and gain levels) will be in tact? If so then only the new videos I've added since then won't have them of course but, if I can do that without screwing anything up - let a VJ Tre know.

Thanks!

发表时间 Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 9:23 am
DJAZTKAPRO InfinityMember since 2006
vjtre wrote :
tayla wrote :

Thanks Tayla,

Maybe that was an obvious thing to think about but I'm not tech savvy when it comes to this stuff - still learning. Darryl told me this last night after I sent him a text reading "OMG, none of my videos are scanned." LOL. When I woke up this morning my videos were still scanning but I imagine they will be done when I get home. Even though I've rescanned them, can I still copy the xml file over to the new drive so that my settings (cue points and gain levels) will be in tact? If so then only the new videos I've added since then won't have them of course but, if I can do that without screwing anything up - let a VJ Tre know.

Thanks!

Yea, just transfer the xml file, all the info should be there, cues etc.

发表时间 Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 8:13 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
no probs hope your sorted now... just wish i could remember half the stuff i've forgot, then i might be able to help more people

发表时间 Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 8:51 am
tayla wrote :
no probs hope your sorted now... just wish i could remember half the stuff i've forgot, then i might be able to help more people

Hey All,

I’m not sorted yet, I’m getting together with Darryl tomorrow so we can do this however, I thought of something. Let’s stay I transfer the XML file over to my new external drive and it copies everything ok, the cues and gain levels, etc … but what about the newer videos I have added to my new drive since then? If I have anything set on these new videos will that be erased?
-
And another question - in my new drive, what if I have since removed a video that was on my old drive - what happens when I copy the XML file? Does it somehow throw off the synch of the XML file or will it simply just carry over to the videos that are still there?

发表时间 Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 10:05 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)