快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: DAC 3 mapping Problems

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi everyone,

I need some help please. I have just upgraded to VDJ 6 and having problems with the mapper. I use a DAC 3 and I used the jog wheels mainly for scrolling through my song lists and also for getting the song into the right place before playing.

Now with VDJ 6 I can not get this simple thing to work.

I do not use the jog wheels for scratching or pitch bending and would like to keep it that way, that the jog wheels just do the scrolling and song positioning

please help

发表时间 Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 12:59 pm
Try changing the mapping as follows:

JOG =

jog_wheel

CP =

down ? vinyl_mode : vinyl_mode

SHIFT =

wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed

发表时间 Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 2:24 pm
Hi,

thanks for your help on this problem of mine. I am nearly there now just a couple of bits that are still not quite right and could do with your help still.

The jog wheel setting is nearly there, it lets me get the song in the right place and stuff but when the song is playing is there a way of turning the jog wheel off? dont want to touch the jog wheel while a song is playing and make the song move.

Not quite short what the cp setting does, have put the setting in but did not see anything happen

Shift setting has sorted my browser out which is perfect, thanks. If i want to slow it down or speed it up, is there anyway of doing this?

thanks again for all your help so far

发表时间 Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 2:37 am
Rather than disabling the jogwheel, simply make sure that vinyl mode is turned off, so that the jogwheel pitch bends when turned instead of scratches. Then if it gets accidentally nudged, it will not normally be noticeable.

To toggle vinyl mode, assign a button or a keyboard shortcut to: vinyl_mode

To disable the jogwheel altogether when playing, change its mapping to:

JOG =

play ? nothing : jog_wheel

The CP button mapping above toggles the jogwheel between pitch bend and scratch, i.e: If vinyl mode is off, holding this button will make the jogwheel scratch. If vinyl mode is on, it will make it pitch bend.

To make browsing faster or slower, you would need to use param_multiply, e.g:

JOG =

wheel_mode 'browser' ? param_multiply 50% & jog_wheel : jog_wheel

This would slow down the browsing speed to half. 200% would double.

发表时间 Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 12:52 pm
thanks I will try this. Is there not a users guide to help people with this mapper?

I have also just noticed that when I hit the match button on the dac 3, nothing happens. Before it use to match the bpm and sync the song against the other song that was playing.

Sorry to have to keep asking for help but this mapper is far to complecated for me

many thanks for your time

发表时间 Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 12:58 pm
You can see what each button is mapped to by going to CONFIG -> Mappers tab and choosing the DAC-3 in the drop-down list.

MATCH is mapped to sync by default, so will do the same as clicking the SYNC button on the on-screen skin. If the songs differ too much in BPM, then it may not function.

发表时间 Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 1:17 pm
thanks for your help, things are starting to work.

many thanks

发表时间 Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 1:23 pm
Rhemy-DPRO InfinityMember since 2008
JP any idea if your going to be relasing a updated version 6 mapper as you did with version 5?

If not any chance you can email me a list of what the old mapper did exactly so i can have a crack at doing it? I really enjoyed the functionality of the previous mapper.

发表时间 Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 12:14 am
Sorry, I have no plans at this time. The new VDJscript feature allows users to modify the default map to suit their own preferences.

If you would like to make something similar, the manual included with the mapper explains how it works.

发表时间 Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 12:27 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just got a set of DAC-3. Not sure that I like them yet.

This has not been discussed, but assuming for a moment I like how DAC-3 is mapped - how do I open nested folders in the virtual folder list?

Could I make a 'while pressed shift' and expand the folders and navigate? And no, rearranging the MP3s is not an option now.

What is the DAC-3 means of increasing/decreasing the loop length?

发表时间 Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 6:14 am
With the default v6 mapping, you can press SHIFT+FOLDER to expand/collapse folders (If browsing files, you must press it twice - Once to switch to the folders section, and again to expand/collapse the folder.)

The DAC-3 only has manual loop in/out/reloop buttons. However, you could map say SHIFT+IN and SHIFT+OUT to perform the actions loop_half and loop_double, e.g:

LOOP_IN =

var 'shift' ? loop_half : loop_in

LOOP_OUT =

var 'shift' ? loop_double : loop_out

发表时间 Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 1:28 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks!

One thing... the new 6.02 mentioned a place for modified mappers. Is that where these changes would go?

Also, if new mappers are made, like the DAC-2, would they go to the mod map folder?

Oh, is there a way to make the sampler work in place of the FX? I don't use FX very often. I could scroll the Sampler and then hit apply or would you recommend another button to cycle through the samples and then 'fire'?

Thanks!

发表时间 Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 1:20 pm
Use CONFIG -> Mappers to make modifications to the default mapping. When you modify it, the resulting modified mapper will be saved in VirtualDJ\Mappers (Make a backup of this after making changes.) You can revert back to factory settings at any time by clicking the icon at the bottom-left of the mappers dialogue box.

If you download a custom mapper made by another user ( http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/tools.html ), you would need to copy it into VirtualDJ\Mappers (And in some cases, a definition file too, which would go in VirtualDJ\Devices)

For triggering samples, assign a button for selecting (E.g: FX):

sampler select +1

Then assign another button for triggering (e.g: APPLY):

sampler play_stop

..Or...

var 'shift' ? sampler play_stutter : sampler play_stop

(This would allow you to stutter the sample with SHIFT+APPLY)

发表时间 Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 1:44 pm
Question for Jp...I wish to configure my dac3' mapper so that I can video transition using the Mix Now key. Further, I would like to stutter any cue point from the CP key. I've read the posts above but do not feel confident enough to go modifying the mapper before asking for help.
If this is explained in another forum please re-direct me. Thanks.

发表时间 Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 12:12 pm
If you link the audio crossfader to the video crossfader then it will do just that (On the default v6 skin, click on the Video tab, then click on the padlock to the right of the video crossfader.)

Alternatively, you can map the button to:

mix_now & video_transition

Or if you want it to do video transition only:

video_transition

You can map the CP button to the following to stutter the current cue point:

hot_cue

Or use hot_cue 1 to stutter cue point #1, etc.

For some common mapping examples, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript%20Examples.html

Also, see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

发表时间 Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 12:48 pm
Many thanks jp!
It was exactly this "Or if you want it to do video transition only:
video_transition"
Because I use an external mixer and do not wish to touch the audio transition at all. I will also read further on the link you added.

发表时间 Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 6:05 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)