快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Playlist disappears! Why? - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hippydog wrote :
djblakemiller wrote :
hippydog . . i think it's semantics. I trust he's seeing the same thing alot of us are seeing . . . . disappearing folders (and maybe play lists?)

ok. maybe it is semantics.. :-)
but those "semantics" become pretty important when looking for the basic cause of the problem..

'Favorite' folders are shortcuts to the folders on the drive, and are stored on the drive itself.
'Virtual' folders are a collection of shortcuts to the songs themselves, and its stored in the 'my documents' drive..

When you use windows (and not VDJ) to move or change folder names.. This makes a 'favorite' folder to completely show up blank.
but a Virtual folder, the song will still show up, but will give you an error when you try and play it.
If at anytime you do a clean-fix on the database, that information about the song may even be removed from the database.. IE: not show up in a search.. even though you know its on the harddrive.

Oh, cmon, then how does a complete folder of shortcuts get removed then?
I see it all the time. The database has integrity problems that need to be fixed before anything new comes out, I hope.

发表时间 Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 11:04 pm
eapresley1935 wrote :
Okay, so my explaination of the issue wasn,t exactly clear; my fault entirely.

, leaving only the current track (which is loaded), still playing....

Is this the current semantics your referring to? and is there a way to your knowledge of erradicating this problem for me and I guess many other users of VDJ.....Many thanks, in your response.

DJElvis

Bingo, ah yes, many others!!

发表时间 Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 11:06 pm
Okay, I have looked more closely at this problem once again............and noticed that my auto playlist disappears ONLY when the Automix feature is off!

Why have the Automix feature off you might asked. Simple, If I wish to play a cd from one of my other decks, I don,t want to have my play list running/playing at the same time, I only wish for it to stop after the next track, so that I can re-activate Automix to continue my show after cd has finished....

Now, the playlist only 'DISAPPEARS' when I wish to search for more tracks in the browser panel, to add to the current playlist. when the Automix feature is off!

It does not seem to be an issue searching in any folder or on anyother drive when VDJ it is in Automix mode..........try it!

DJElvis

发表时间 Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 4:17 am
bryantpb wrote :

A I already mentioned (and that you talked about in another thread.).

by renaming or moving files using explorer instead of VDJ..

ALL CHANGES HAVE TO BE DONE IN VDJ.

发表时间 Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 11:02 am
First I would still like to hear back if you have tried the different status's of the Autoload Playlist and if the "issue" still reacts the same as you change the type of Autoload from Always, Smart , and Disabled:
In Config::Options:: Autoload Playlists::

My first question (for anyone also having this "issue") is still: in your Autoload Playlist setting, is it set to Always, Smart, or Disabled.???

eapresley1935 wrote :
Okay, I have looked more closely at this problem once again............and noticed that my auto playlist disappears ONLY when the Automix feature is off!

That makes perfect sense..
If I change the Autoload setting to 'Always'
and then click any playlist or history list, that list gets loaded into the "autoplaylist window" automatically.. If I click another list it gets replaced, if I click a folder, the "autoplaylist window" goes blank..
BUT
if I click on a playlist (which loads it in the window), and then ENGAGE the Automix Feature, I can click anything I want and the loaded playlist does not disappear..

this not an issue.. (and works as expected)
THE ISSUE (I'm guessing) might be when the setting is on 'Smart'...

eapresley1935 wrote :
Why have the Automix feature off you might asked.

Nope.. didnt ask.. :-) LOL
A lot of people use the Auto Playlist Window for many different reasons..
Myself, I use it mainly for storing requests, and manually load the songs onto the decks..

发表时间 Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 11:39 am
hippydog wrote :
bryantpb wrote :

A I already mentioned (and that you talked about in another thread.).
by renaming or moving files using explorer instead of VDJ..

ALL CHANGES HAVE TO BE DONE IN VDJ.

Tha's my point, as all my changes have been made in VDJ, in one machine (PC) that uses only one internal HD, and never hooks up to any external hd's. go figure. I'm just hoping Dev Team is really concentrating on this integrity issue here.

发表时间 Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 1:43 pm
bryantpb wrote :
Tha's my point, as all my changes have been made in VDJ, in one machine (PC) that uses only one internal HD, and never hooks up to any external hd's. go figure. I'm just hoping Dev Team is really concentrating on this integrity issue here.

OK.. gotcha.. though its a completely different issue then what the original poster detailed..
lets not mix these issues up, I realize your frustrated, but trying to add your 'issues' to others people's problems actually makes thing worse for everyone.

发表时间 Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 1:56 pm
hippydog wrote :
First I would still like to hear back if you have tried the different status's of the Autoload Playlist and if the "issue" still reacts the same as you change the type of Autoload from Always, Smart , and Disabled:
In Config::Options:: Autoload Playlists::

My first question (for anyone also having this "issue") is still: in your Autoload Playlist setting, is it set to Always, Smart, or Disabled.???

Thanks Hippydog for your quote: I did check my settings in config, and it was set to always, I,ve now changed this to 'SMART' and my immediate problem seems to have been resolved. I guess its a bit of a learning curve, understanding the different terminolgy used with the application. Although to finish, I,m not entirely sure why the 'ALWAYS' feature, or how the 'ALWAYS' feature would come into play! I shall play around with VDJ, and discover in time what 'ALWAYS' and other features actually do. Until then I,m happy that this thread is closed for me..... many thanks Hippydog and all other contributors for your comments.

DJElvis

发表时间 Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 5:41 pm
I am having an issue where my saved playlists disappear when loaded when i click start automix or play...im not searcjing for anything just trying to start playing the playlist....any ideas?

发表时间 Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 9:36 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)