快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: XP10 vs TCV - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I just want to express my take on things, sa I posted the same topic before I went for TCV: As mentioned earlier you can switch to analogue music in case of a crash. Because allthough I've never crashed when using VDJ, you just can't trust computers. That, as well as the vinyl feel for scratching is the main advantages of TCV as well as the fact that you learn to mix with vinyl and thus generally get a bit more cred.

Anyway, if you plan mainly to mix an not scratch (I haven't tried the XP-10's, they may indeed work very well with scratching for all I know) I would probably go for the XP-10s and use CD-players as backup (if you don't allready have turntables and records.

There are some disadvantages to TCV: One is that you cant use the beatlock feature. Not that I use this feature since most of my music don't have the rigid beat structure that is needet to make it work, but it is useful for adjusting pitch very quickly to match the other deck. This is a feature that is very welcome if you do heavy live remixing/mashups.

Also the pitchcontrol on TCV is not as acurate as the ones on digital hardware controllers. The BMP constantly varies with arond 0.4BPM.

Another thing I have found pretty annoying is that when cueing (manually) with TCV you might run out of timecode. IE: If you cue forward for a while and then change your mind and want to cue back to the begining of the song you may experience that you can't reach the begining of the song simply because the stylus has reached the outer rim of the record (where there is no signal). In this case you have to move the stylus in and out on the record to be able to cue back to the deiserd position, or press a cuepoint button on your keyboard. this error is probably due to the fact that TCV ignores stylus skipping.

So in my opinion: Vinylfeel is a good feel, but if you want to be part of the new world of DJ'ing go for the XP-10s, they offer faster pace working with VDJ's features. I think I might get some eventually or perhaps wait for the next generation of hardware controllers.

发表时间 Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 1:45 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm definitely looking forward to the new generation of controllers for vdj. hopefully it will be sumthn more durable and heavy duty...

发表时间 Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 4:25 am
Yes, the plate on top of the xp10 is conductive, just like those lamps that turn on when you touch them or the magic plate on a pioneer cd player. I do have some more videos of xp10 in use but I've been away for a long time so I haven't been posting much on the boards. The xp10s still rule though.

发表时间 Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 10:57 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ok, speaking about the plates on XP-10s here, am i right in thinkin that you DONT need to turn the outter (ribbed) rim of the plate, and that touching only the white platter would cause the record to stop and behave as if it were a real vinyl?

Two more questions, how do XP-10s connect to the computer? is it thru a soundcard like MAYA44 or thru usb ports like the herc DJ console? and i assume i'd need an external mixer to connect to. similar to this:

VDJ---> XP-10 (1&2)---> Mixer---> Sound setup?

I really want to get either XP-10s or TCVs but just cant decide. £££ will probably play a big part in it though.

发表时间 Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 12:18 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If anyone interested in seeing XP10 in action check this out

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=13525

I also have TCCD. I don't use it really simply for the fact that the buttons on my CDJ-800's are non existent with VDJ.

I can scratch as I would on vinyl and cd scratch decks with XP10's. Its basically just adjusting your movements alot finer than you normally would.

发表时间 Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 1:24 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)