快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Macbookpro and hercules dj control steel - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

NockehHome userMember since 2009
Hello,

i bought a new macbook pro 2 days ago, amazing equipment. But i have this little problem with my Dj control steel. Everything works ok, but there is the timeline on top in virtual DJ where u can see the bpm like scrolling past. The problem with that is that it is lags (low fps) alot. Its actually impossible to time any drop ins for a new song.

This is the version i received with my Dj control steel: VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition version (Mac)

does anybody know how to smooth out the annoying laggy timeline on top?

Looking forward for an answer.

macbook pro specs are (well enough for virtual dj i must think ;)):

Mac OS leopard
2.53 Ghz
4gig ram
250 Gb 5200 rpm disk
Nvidia 9400 M

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 3:31 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
A couple of things you can do:

- Get the latest driver for your DJ Console (v1.36) from the Hercules support site

- Register on this site with your serial number to get the latest update (v5.2.2) for VDJ Console Editions

- Follow this guide regarding changes you can easily perform to improve the performance of your MAC

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00363.pdf

BTW, what kind of soundcard are you using ?

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 7:22 am
Thanks in advance for the fast reply.

i'm using the built-in one :). i also have a USB one (which is a trust SC‑5500p). but that isn't connected at the moment.

I also saw a post where i needed to make sure that my mp3 is for quicktime or something? would that help aswell?

Is that version 5.2.2 free for me? (Bought a package Dj control steel + VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition version (Mac))

My macbook is far good enough for virtual dj, thats why i found it very very strange that the timeline was lagging ALOT!.

Thx again mate, hoping for a fast reply ;)

Kind regards,

Nockeh

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 8:16 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Yes, this update is free for you to download, as will any potential updates in the future.

I don't know about the Quicktime trick , so I can't say.

As for your system, it is indeed adequate (and then some) to run VDJ, but as you'll see in the guide, some things like network and Wi-fi can create problems when using audio applications , so it,s good to know what should be turned off.

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 1:32 pm
I use VDJ on my mac book pro with the same specs with no problem. (well except for the issues already identified on the mac side). Are you pulling up your songs from iTunes? This works well for me and all my stuff is mp3 no need for quicktime. Quicktime and bonjour come with itunes and are necessary for installation but no need for them after that as far as vdj is concerned. Hope this helps.

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 7:30 pm
Hey,

i'm still experiencing the problems after the tips.

I'm draging the songs from the itunes folder inside Virtual DJ.

Its abit annoying to have that lag :(

Kind regards

发表时间 Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 2:05 am
u said: (well except for the issues already identified on the mac side)

Which ones are they?

发表时间 Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 8:30 am
The problems I have seen are that the database is not updated after you analyze songs, skins are limited and the same functionality as seen in the PC side is not there. It's ok but not the same... I have to scan before playing which takes a lot of time. Kinda annoying.

发表时间 Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 1:30 am
I see my itunes folder within vdj. I just need switch directories to see them (on the right). I have never dragged them in. I hope this helps....

发表时间 Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 1:40 am
Hello,

I tried every thing above, and still the top 2 bars (red en blue) are lagging alot!.
With this i mean when i loaded up a song and press play on my Control Steel, u can see the beats (red or blue) in the top bar. At this points its not going fluently, it lags (stutters) alot.
Its soo annoying :(:(

Anybody else came across this problem?

Kind Regards

发表时间 Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 2:31 am
Bump

发表时间 Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 2:44 am
did you change to mp3 codec to Quicktime?? this may help.

发表时间 Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 5:42 am
yes i tried that, allong with all the tips suggested in the pdf :)

no result tho :x

发表时间 Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 7:43 am
bump still nothing :(

发表时间 Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 5:40 am
Hello Nockeh,

Do you use VirtualDJ with your MacBook Pro in battery or in Power Adapter mode?
If you use the MacBook Pro in battery mode, with energy saving settings (for example with 6 hours battery autonomy), then your MacBook Pro is not running at its full speed but in reduced speed, which slows down any operation in Mac OS, including VirtualDJ operations.

You can check the actual CPU speed by typing in the Terminal application (folder Applications > Utilities) the line
sysctl hw.cpufrequency

发表时间 Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 5:44 am
i'm using it in poweradapter mode. So thats why i find it very strange; but i will run the command u just said :)

and see what pops up :)

Thx in advance

发表时间 Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 5:55 am
Hey, i was just about post this problem too, i too have the steel and exactly the same happens to me, if i unplug and then plug in my numark total control, it works fine, so it is something to do with hercules, please get this fixed asap it is just awfull.

Plus for some unknown reason all my tracks are now out of sync with 6.02, even when i beat tap a song the beginning is fine but later in the song its awfull, and i knwo its not my beat tapping skills because if i revert back to 5.2 its no problem.

i use the djio.

发表时间 Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 7:12 am
just to add, sorry i was wrong, if i use any version of vdj, 5.2 etc there is still a lag with the Hercules steel and vdj in the timeline. As a result of this you cant manually beat match correctly and throws all timing out. I really need help.

发表时间 Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 2:59 am
Hello TimothyJarman,

1) For the tracks being out of sync with 6.02, can you check if the lock of the smart loop is set on?
I have already experienced that changing this setting in VirtualDJ Pro changes the sync in VirtualDJ Pro and also in VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC (the interaction of a VirtualDJ Pro setting on VirtualDJ DJC may explain why you didn't remember seeing this symptom in VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC)

2) Can you precise what you mean in "I was just about post this problem too, i too have the steel and exactly the same happens to me, if i unplug and then plug in my numark total control, it works fine, so it is something to do with hercules, please get this fixed asap it is just awful."
Please describe completely your problem: lacking of details & information in a problem description are generally the first reason why a problem remains unsolved.
- which OS (I don't mean Leopard or Tiger, I mean the complete OS name, as 10.5.8)
- how much RAM, which model of Mac computer have you ?
- which DJ Console series drivers do you use? Did you update with the last drivers "Mac OS X driver package for DJ Console Series - Version 1.48"?
- what are the other devices connected on your Mac computer ?
- what is the syndrom: please describe it as clearly as possible, I am not sure I understood Nockeh problem (What I understand is that dropping a file on a VirtualDJ deck is too slow, that is all I understand. I don't understand what you and Nockeh call time line: do you mean VirtualDJ large wave form, small waveform, or time counter or something else?)
-As you talk of "if I unplug and then plug in my Numark Total Control", did you try using DJ Control Steel as MIDI controller (as Numark Total Control) instead of HID device in VirtualDJ Pro 6.0.2?

发表时间 Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 4:35 am
hey man thanks for taking the time to help, your a credit to vdj.

Ok i have a new MacPro, 4gb ram, 10.5.8 (but i will be upgrading to Snow later today.), i also have latest hercules drivers.

It is very hard to explain, i will try and make a video and post for you to see.

Ok, nothing is connected to my Mac, i load vdj and play a song -- Perfect timeline (the waveform with the beatgrids) no lagging.

I connect the steel reload vdj, everything is fine. I load a song then press play.... horrible lagging and delays in the timeline, not only in the time line but there is a slight delay between when you press a button and when vdj reacts.

So as you can imagine, if i manually beat tap, its not right because there is a delay. So all my songs are out of sync if i try and beat tap.

This is a huge problem for me, and it is only with the hercules Steel, if i use the Numark Total control i have no problems, time line is smooth.

It has nothing to do with what sound card im a using as it happens with all, the internal sound card, DJIO, Apogee Duet. Its is completely something wrong between the steel and vdj.

If i use the hercules Steel in just MIDI mode, then i have no problems, but then i have no leds.

Maybe you can also help me, i am trying to map the controller in MIDI mode.

How do i stop the controller sending a release command to vdj?

Example is that i map Play_pause to a the play button the Steel,, it works when i press the play button, but when i release the button it then pauses grrrr, how do i stop the Steel from sending a release command?

thanks so much

TIm

发表时间 Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 3:06 am
87%