快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Total Control And Scratching

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi guys i have been playing around with my total control trying to scratch on it.

After a whole day of playing around with the jog wheel sensitivity and ripping some of my scratch sample records to my computer i have found that i can scratch just as good on the tc than i can on my turntables.

I am quite amazed by this as i thought it would be so hard on a all in 1 controller to be able to do this. So i am going to keep practising a bit more and ditch the turntables at my next nightclub gig and see how it goes as i have been using both for quite some time

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 1:35 pm
definitetly want to see how this comes out bro..:)!! i got oned and to me the jogz are super small..lol...Tell me what happenz bruh...:)...

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 2:04 pm
what kind of cuts are you doing with a 3 inch jog wheel? baby stabs? do you have any audio or video of it? i am a turntablist and scratching on my tc sucks ass.

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 2:23 pm
DJ azenPRO InfinityMember since 2008
yeah i got one too. i would not use it to scratch. but i will like to see videos using the total control to scratch.

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 2:40 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
ive been trying to scratch on my herc for ages and nothing works rite....the jogs do just what they say on the tin...they "jog" the song..i just cant work out scratching with jog wheels.

any tips???? or a tutorial maybe???

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 4:55 pm
You can't scratch properly on any of the all-in-one units such as the Total Control and RMX because there is no touch sensitive jog wheel. My CDJ-400s have touch sensitivity and they scratch very nicely. Part of scratching isn't just moving the jogwheel back and forth to create a scratching sound, any turntablist knows that when you push down on a record to scratch, the sample stops and can be manipulated back and forth, then when released the sample continues all the while moving the fader back and forth to create that unique sound. A good turntablist/scratch artist can stop, scratch and release over and again in seconds to create a specific sound. This just cannot be emulated on a TC or RMX. The only all-in-one controller I know of that can do this is the Numark NS7, otherwise you need to buy stand-alone controllers such as the CDJ-400 or the Denon DN-S3700, etc.

DJ RuDe

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 9:30 pm

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 9:45 pm
And No You Cant Properly Scratch With The total control Dj Rudedog is right i just sold my total control and bought and ns7 and that controller is sick

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 10:47 pm
Well i dont no what total control you guys are using cus when i hit the scratch button my jog wheels become touch sensitive.

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 3:12 am
Do to proper scratching you need touchsensitive jogwheels , as already mentioned..

For controller, you need either Vestax VCI-100 or Vestax VCI-300, or the more complex NS7

Or you can get decks that has midi and plug n play with Virtual DJ, as someone mentioned, such as Pioneer CDJ-400 ,Denon 3700,

:)

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 5:33 am
As there is a lot of knob heads telling me what i can i cant do with my own hardware and setup, I am no longer going to discuss this any further.

I thought these forums were for discussion to help everyone out but they are obviously designed for people just to put each other down and throw digs at one an other.
Well i shall not be posting on the forums anymore.

Shame on atomix..

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 8:51 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sir,

Technically speaking, total control's jog is not touch sensitive and it's a fact but it doesn't mean that you can't scratch with it. Anyway in both case, it's the same code when you scratch.

About TCV vs controller, it's another debate and technically there is also an answer.

In conclusion, whatever the technology you use, the most important is to get what you need according to your way of mixing ;-)

"Shame on Atomix" : I'm not sure to understand why but if you tell it, i can only believe you.

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 9:05 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can scratch on the Total Control at a basic level. The TC is designed primarily for general control however to free up having to use the mouse.

If you want but if you want to DMC scratch tricks we do other units such as the NS7 for this or Virtual Vinyl.

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 10:11 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djcel wrote :

In conclusion, whatever the technology you use, the most important is to get what you need according to your way of mixing ;-)

Wise words :-)

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 10:12 am
djcel wrote :
Sir,

Technically speaking, total control's jog is not touch sensitive and it's a fact but it doesn't mean that you can't scratch with it. Anyway in both case, it's the same code when you scratch.

About TCV vs controller, it's another debate and technically there is also an answer.

"Shame on Atomix" : I'm not sure to understand why but if you tell it, i can only believe you.

Dude, lighten up! If you can't take a little constructive criticism here then you going to have problems on any forum. I have found the VDJ forums to be the nicest bunch of people anywhere on the net. If you want to see contrast just go check out some of the threads and posts on the Serato forums. Those guys are relentless flamers and trolls galore!! You wouldn't stand a chance there! The people here are very helpful and far less likely to take a stab at you than most of the other DJ forums out there or any forums for that matter. People in general are just plain mean, especially from the comfort, safety and anonymity of the internet. Never take anything personally on the net.

Just relax, take a deep breath and maybe a chill pill, no one was trying to hurt your feelings here.

DJ RuDe

发表时间 Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 1:36 pm
good words from everybody here...if you can scratch nicely on aT.C. then all we can say is that you havent seen nothing yet...wait till you get your hands on a vestax vci 300 or a NS7....if you have turntables then you will say hell yeah...f...the turntables...i have the T.C. and just bought the VCI 300.....the VCI 300 blows the T.C. away by far....You cant rally hold a song when you touch the wheels on the tc....all it does is pause for a bit then keeps playing even if you are still touching the wheel. on the vci 300 as soon as you touch the platter the play stops just like a real record if you let the platter go then the music continues...now thats real touch sensitive...plus the tc when you let go of the wheels it pauses the audio for a second or 2 then it continues...but anyways...anything can be done with practice of course i dont question your skills....but im sure you will do allot better with a vci 300 or ns7.

发表时间 Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 8:26 pm
@ Ron Mccombe... Ill be straight up.. The Best advise to get is the real truth from someone. Its fake to have someone give you a tap on the back and say its ok. A Total control is just for mixing and the jogs are really small,. Its not designed for scratching. You may think you sound better using the T.C. than a turntable but its not better. A turntable or a player with a bigger jog requires more skill to sound good compared to someone just moving a very small jog back n forth. Once you have the skills on the bigger jog, You will be able to produce sounds that a T.C could never do.

发表时间 Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 10:14 pm
I wouldn't exactly call this "necroposting" since this thread is only a couple of months old, but I'm not sure how constructive it is to exhume an old argument that is long dead from the thread graveyard to rehash it. We have all gotten past this and have moved on...

DJ RuDe

发表时间 Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 12:42 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)