快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Anyone using a Korg Zero4? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i just ordered mine, should be here in 24 hours. just wondering if any other cue/vdj users are using this mixer. please let me know of any good or bad things you have come across. also if you use it for audio or video. i would be using it for midi with video. any info would be great.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 7:22 am

Lots with that mixer here :)
It has soundcard built in, midi mapping, etc.. .
Havent read anything but great feedbacks about it

Hopefully some users having it can share some more info ;)

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 7:32 am
oh believe you me i def looked into specs, features and even reviews but i kept finding the same "cookie cutter" reviews. i def would love to hear from actual cue/vdj users. when i search korg zero4 on here forget it. still not liking the search feature.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 7:36 am
no one?

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 2:32 pm
well since no one responded before i got it........... this mixer is a BEAST! i had one problem with it loosing connection tonight at the club but i think that was due to me messing with the config screen somehow. once i got it to re-reconize the mixer it worked GREAT the rest of the night. still need a bit getting used to but def worth the $720! i will report back with any more issues.

发表时间 Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 2:39 am
Yeah I was looking into getting one of those, I ended up settling on a DDM4000 since my Denon DN-HS5500 already have built in sound cards. If the Denons didn't have built in sound cards I would have gone for the Zero4

发表时间 Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 11:42 am
well to be honest i couldn't get the sound card to sound good so i'm using my sl1 box with it right now. i got it more for the midi/mixer feature. i personally love the sound i get out of my sl1 box and its only a few cables so no biggie there. i will def try to mess with some settings to get better latency. has anyone used the zero4 for a sound card with timecode and have it sound good? what settings did you have in sound config?

发表时间 Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 1:05 pm
oh i tried the ddm4000 too but it didn't perform like i expected it to. buttons stuck and the midi was a bit unresponsive. although i loved the built in compressors for mic inputs etc. it wasn't very heavy which i was also a bit worried about. i;m glad your having good luck with yours.

发表时间 Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 1:08 pm
djsynystr wrote :
well to be honest i couldn't get the sound card to sound good so i'm using my sl1 box with it right now. i got it more for the midi/mixer feature. i personally love the sound i get out of my sl1 box and its only a few cables so no biggie there. i will def try to mess with some settings to get better latency. has anyone used the zero4 for a sound card with timecode and have it sound good? what settings did you have in sound config?

Zero4 has firewire sound card so it can be very sensitive to firewire chip build into laptops.

发表时间 Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 7:12 pm
what does that mean to me? it runs the mixer itself fine with the fire wire. as a matter of fact it ran GREAT tonight only my second night with it and not one glitch. other than my own mistakes by hitting the wrong button etc. what would cause the audio side to be shit?

发表时间 Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 2:09 am
djsynystr wrote :
has anyone used the zero4 for a sound card with timecode and have it sound good? what settings did you have in sound config?

Hi djsynystr!

I also own a Korg Zero 4 and I´m using it as a sound card with timecode and also using midi. No problems here so far with VDJ. Had some problems in the beginning by installing the drivers for the zero 4 but that was a problem with vista and the firewire card which was built in my laptop.

I will post some configs and screenshots tonight when i´m back home.

There many other users with have a Zero 4 around here.

Best regards

Edit: -------------------------------------
Here is also a thread about the Korg Zero 4 i openend some time ago
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/83083/Hardware_Technical_Support/VDJ___Korg_Zero_4.html

发表时间 Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 2:54 am
awesome. i would love to use the built in sound card so any setting specs would be GREAT! i used the built in sound card just to play out and it sounded great but once i went to use TC it was shit. again i'm sure it has to do with settings. i still don't understand what about the firewire card causes issues. i mean if it sees the unit it should work right IMO.

发表时间 Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 9:05 am
thanks for the link. after reading it i realized i was doing it all wrong. well not really but i had the switches and inputs dif than they needed to be or something because now SUCCESS! the built in card is just as good if not, dare i say it better than my sl box. after one night of club use and a few hours in the lab i can def say this one is a keeper!

发表时间 Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 12:12 pm
tonight again PERFECT! i opened for DJ Webstar, Lumidee and Nore without a glitch. as always when running video with Cue/vdj i had a few fellow serato djs looking over my shoulder loving the korg and baffled that i wasn't using VSL. gotta say if your looking for a GREAT midi mixer/sound card combo look into a Korg Zero4. i am a turntablist by nature and the korg has kept up with me 100% 3 nights in a row. now that i got the sound card issue worked out its even better.

发表时间 Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 2:42 am

Awesome ;))

Great to hear its working well now ;))

发表时间 Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 8:28 am
Hi djsynystr!

Glad to hear that it is working now. As promised some screenshots from my settings in VDJ.

In the Korg Zero 4 "Control Panel" I have running it at 5ms. (didn´t do a screenshot for that)

发表时间 Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 1:04 pm
dont think timecode should look like that... ^

silence seems WAYYYY too high. but anyway... might get the korg myself. sounds great. anyone with mac try it out?

发表时间 Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 1:40 pm
^^ Yeah i know. There was no timecode running when i did the picture.

发表时间 Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 2:03 pm
how do you have the 3rd channel for the sampler? did you use zero edit to have it pre or post volume fader? i didn;t even think to use the 3rd channel for teh sampler output kudos!

发表时间 Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 9:50 pm
djsynystr wrote :
how do you have the 3rd channel for the sampler? did you use zero edit to have it pre or post volume fader? i didn;t even think to use the 3rd channel for teh sampler output kudos!

Hi

Didn´t do anything in the zero edit. Just did the settings i posted in VDJ. Channel 1 on the Zero is Deck 1 in VDJ and Channel 3 on the Zero is Deck 2 in VDJ. Channel 2 on the Zero is then for the Samples in VDJ. Channel 2 is selected as "Audio" on the Zero Input Selector. But you can also switch to "Audio & Midi". So you can control the volume of the sample with the linefader, prelisten and also use Midi functions.

Best regards.

发表时间 Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 3:16 am
87%