快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Setup For External Master and Headphone Cueing

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

After all my testing I finally figured that the Hercules RMX and my notebook don't work well together. I did figure out that using my external notebook sound card works great but I can figure out how to use my headphones for cueing.

My notebook sound card only has one output for my speakers.

In VD6 my sound setup is:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones:
Sound card: 2 Cards

I have Master: First card / Headphones: Second card

My first card is set to: SigmaTel Audio (my notebook)
My second card is set to: Hercules DJ Console RMX

I get the master mix playing on my computer but no headphones for cueing. I must be misunderstanding something.

I continue to get popping using "Sound card: DJConsole RMX" so I don't want to use the default setup. Is it possible to cue using headphones with 2-cards settings?

发表时间 Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 11:41 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
It is possible, but you have to know that in that mode, VDJ uses the 1st stereo channel of each soundcard. Since the headphone output on the Rmx is assigned to Output 3/4, obviously, VDJ cannot use it.

However, what make you say your notebook doesn't work well with the Rmx ? Try the following before giving up entirely on using the Rmx:

1) Apply the changes explained in this guide:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

2) In the Rmx Control Panel, switch to ASIO audio mode, and in the ASIO tab, configure as follow:

- 44 Khz

- 16 bits

- 480 (10 ms)

3) Launch VDJ. You will probably have an ERROR IN THE SOUND DRIVER message, but this normal.

For Sound Setup, configure as follow:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

-Soundcard: DJ Console RMX, then chekc the box APPLY EQ ON EXTERNAL SOURCES, the apply

Give VDJ a run and notice if you're still having problems.

Then go the PERFORMANCE tab, and uncheck the box for SAFE MODE.

发表时间 Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 1:53 pm
I already followed the guide (1) yesterday. The processor setting change (SpeedStep) was the most helpful but I still get some popping and crackling. It's not as noticable as before but every now and then a big pop occurs which is noticable.

I've already tried your suggested configuration in (3) but not necessarily the ASIO settings you show (2). I'll try that tonight.

I'm using a Dell 9400 Inspiron with 2GB RAM and Windows XP (SP3).

Then I use the "2-Card" setting I see the Hercules Console as an option in the sound card selections. I assumed that that would mean I could use the card in the Hercules and plug into the output 3 and/or 4 in the back.

I'm suprised that the headphone jack on the Hercules RMX gets disabled. I would have thought you can use it to cue no matter what setting VDJ uses.

Robert

发表时间 Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 3:17 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)