快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: How to stop the buzzing sound? URGENT HELP REQUIRED

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi All,

ive got a hercules rmx which ive been using for gigs for 6 months, just recently i bought a new laptop and i have a slight issue with it. i dont think its anything wrong with the mixer i think it might be the laptop

Basically when the sound card (the rmx) is plugged into my amp, although it all works fine with no issues all i can hear is a loud buzzing sound like a bit of a buzz and a squeak, and it alters its noise everytime i do something (for example click a desktop icon)

What is this and how do i get rid of it??

Please help as i have a gig tonight,

thanls
ryan

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 6:45 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

It's sounds like a ground loop issue, easy to sort out mate.

Get yourself down the maplins and get one of these

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 6:53 am
do you def think dats what it is? its strange my other laptop never did it

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 7:05 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
HammerHorner wrote :
do you def think dats what it is? its strange my other laptop never did it

Well, to test it try running on your laptop battery (with no power cable attached) for 10 minutes. If the buzzing stops then it's a ground loop problem.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 7:17 am
I am having the same problem with my RMX. Everytime I plug it on the PC, it make does buzzing and queaking sound. But as soon as I unplug the power supply of my PC the sound goes away. the isolator would work?

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 12:51 am
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I would recommend a ground loop isolator regardless; even if there's no buzz at your place there's every chance you may hear a buzz the next time you take you rig to another venue!

Best $10 I ever spent ;)

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 3:45 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
jimmy b wrote :
Well, to test it try running on your laptop battery (with no power cable attached) for 10 minutes. If the buzzing stops then it's a ground loop problem.

Why 10 minutes mate? If it is the ground loop, the 'buzzing' stops as soon
as there is no more voltage difference to generate a current. So it should
be instantaneous ;)

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 4:02 am
I agree with Auz it was a damn good $10 spent

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 8:08 am
its the ground loop created by the charger on the lap top, two things you can do.. cut the round prong (the round peg) off your plug to the charger or you can get a ground loop isolator from any electronics store or even the car stereo dept at walmart has them.. it plugs inline on the rca jacks and removes the noise.. (one other thing you can do if you dont wanna cut the prong off the charger find a plug adapter that allows grounded apliences to be plugged into non grounded outlets, both ways do work and removing the ground prong doesnt harm anything either really..)

发表时间 Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 4:16 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
mcgiver73 wrote :
its the ground loop created by the charger on the lap top, two things you can do.. cut the round prong (the round peg) off your plug to the charger or you can get a ground loop isolator

Actually, there is a third option. Goto a local hardware store and pick up a 3 prong to 2 prong plug converter. Then you won't have to mutilate your plug to remove the ground pin, and it is under $1. I carry 4 of these with me at all times, you never know when you need one.

发表时间 Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 7:08 pm
Hello kalo123189 and HammerHorner,

Another way to suppress the ground loop may be to connect both your laptop computer and your active speakers (or amplifier) on the same electric power strip, so that both the computer and the audio amplifier share the same ground.

Another way is to suppress a ground loop is to connect between the audio output and the audio amplifier a direct injection box (passive or active) which cuts the ground. You can find cheap DI boxes as http://www.thomann.de/gb/palmer_pan_01.htm.

发表时间 Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 8:39 am
DHoude wrote :
mcgiver73 wrote :
its the ground loop created by the charger on the lap top, two things you can do.. cut the round prong (the round peg) off your plug to the charger or you can get a ground loop isolator

Actually, there is a third option. Goto a local hardware store and pick up a 3 prong to 2 prong plug converter. Then you won't have to mutilate your plug to remove the ground pin, and it is under $1. I carry 4 of these with me at all times, you never know when you need one.

I listed that also if you read the rest of the post.. =) your description is probably better though ;) T d-.-b

发表时间 Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 1:11 pm
I have sort of the same situation, but I was told on another forum it's not a ground loop. I have the DJ I/O plugged to my laptop and a house mixer. I noticed the buzzing sound after an hour of play and when I unplugged the USB cable to the DJ I/O, it stopped. At home, when I'm hooked up to my stereo system, it never happens. So, do I need a new cable or an isolator? HELP! I don't want to pay for another cable if I don't have to.

发表时间 Thu 09 Jul 09 @ 7:47 am
ChippiePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nothing to do with ground or earth because my other program DecaDance isn't doing this buzzing sound........on the same computer.
Has something to do with VDJ program. I did a check....same portable some output Decadance no buzzing with VDJ buzzing....so anybody from Atomix?????

发表时间 Thu 09 Jul 09 @ 1:48 pm
When VDJ is loaded it does create this interference,where as other software I have don't. I have noticed it in several versions. It don't do on my one of my other more expensive lappy so deducted that it can be your laptop sound card or other interface if you have ruled grounding or power pack issues. Once I have the Music running at a gig its not noticible. I have found turning the gain down sometimes reduces the interference. Mine is like a whining buzzing as if the noise on the harddrive is being amplified, but only more noticible when the VDJ engine kicks in and becomes varible when moving the curser and loading. Suppose I have deafened to it after doing so many gigs although no one else seems to notice if it occurs.

Chris

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 4:00 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)