快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: 6.0.1 and RMX mapping differences

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi all,
I am having problems with certain functions on 6.1 and my RMX.
On the last version I could press button 5 and the flanger would come on and as soon as i released the button it would stop, I now have to press the button to activate it and press it again to stop.
I could also keep my finger on button 5 and move the jog wheels and it would adjust the flanger which would make some really good effects but i cant seem to get this working on the new version.
Can someone please help me in figuring this out as I really miss those effects.
Thanks

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 4:14 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 6:40 am
Thanks man but because I havent purchased the full version it will not let me download it.
Thanks for the reply though.
But I am not willing to fork out on something that is not guarenteed to work have you any other ideas or maybe someone else has the answer to this.
\Thanks again

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 10:06 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I know what you mean. I already got some help with this. You will need to go into the Mapper tab and select your hercules RMX. Copy the commands after the eqaul sign

To make the jog wheel control your effect parameter by holding the scratch key while moving the jog wheels:
SCRATCH (key) = vinyl_mode [add this] & set $shift while_pressed
JOG (wheels) = var $shift ? action_deck 1 ? effect default slider 1 : effect default slider 2 : jog_wheel

For the momentary effect key 5 use this. The numbers can be changed for any key:
BUTTON 5 (key) = effect 5 active while_pressed

Hope this helps

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 11:45 am
Dhoude
Thanks man I really hope this helps thanks very much for your help I will let you know how i get on cheers

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 12:27 pm
Hey man listen thanks for the help but it didnt seem to be working for me kept getting syntax error underneith the command and i tried it also but it would not work.
Could you by any chance even take a screen shot and send them onto me I could pm you my email add.
Again thanks for your help so far

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 2:25 pm
I see the problem, I forgot to remove "[add this]". I coppied those from my notes, not my mapper file. Just PM me your email and I can send you my Hercules RMX controller map. You can just replace your map with my file it will work for the most part. I know what it does for me so far.

The only thing you may have an issue with (which is now different in 6.0, until I figure out that last part of the mapping commands) is if the effect is set to while pressed, the effect will be active while the effect button is pressed. But the adjustments (using the jog wheels) will not be able to be made unless you let go of the effect button and hold the scratch button. Then you would have to let go of the scratch button again and press the effect button again to deactivate it.

So, the effect won't work if the effect button set to momentary and you have to release that button to hold the scratch button to control the effect. If you give me some time I may be able to fix this.

Unfortunately I think you and I are among the very few who use VDJ this way, because when I asked for help to map each effect key to be able to hold the effect key to use the jog wheels to adjust it, I was called crazy. For the record, I don't take that personally, I just don't think anybody has understood why I wanted to do it that way (poor wording on my part maybe). Plus I was asking at a busy time, I was only asking at the busy time because I was sad to see that feature that I used disappear.

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 4:04 pm
Ok so forget I even had that limitation, I figured it out. It was (as many answers are) right in from of my face. I am still learning. BUT, you can thank discjockydoc for the code. I just changed the locations from his recomendations to make the effect keys work the way they use to in VDJ 5.

Either way PM me your email and I will send your my mapper file. I now have it where my effect keys are momentary and you can adjust them with the jog wheels while holding the effect key and NOT the scratch key.

It was so easy to fix, I fell kind of dumb for not trying that first.

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 4:20 pm
Lol i see what you mean about needing it but people calling you crazy they are the ones not getting the full use from the software or the rmx.
Its the little effects that make a good party and make the crowd say hey he is a good dj.
anybody can mix 2 songs into each other but it takes something a bit different to make the song sound different and make it your own.
Cheers I sent you on my email add too.

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 5:37 pm
Sent, take care!

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 6:19 pm
Got it man thanks very much.
I see your still hard at your research and i wish you the best
(I wish I could figure out all the codes)
When your done do you think you could send me a revised version of yours and what they do as i think we both want our controllers to do the exact same thing.
Cheers

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 10:25 am
I've made a post to the other thread where you two have discussed this...Please click here.

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 3:14 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)