快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Sound issue with VDJ 6.1

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I managed to get though two gigs today I say managed because of complaints about the sound quality and I am sorry to say that at the moment I am totally disappointed with VDJ 6. both venues I had cracking muffled noise each time I used deck A stuttering on Deck A and freezing. Deck B was fine. It has got two the point I will revert back to 5.2 , just as well I kept the download as its not available on the site.

To be honest I am totally p****d off with VDJ 6.1 and miffed that we are having to Beta test the damn thing again. I Can't even put the blame on my rigs as I swapped them over before the second venue.

Both rigs have Numark cm200 usb mixers.

Angry Chris

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 6:36 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm sorry you are having sound issues but I feel the need to mention that while you are having issues the sound is absolutely clean and crisp for me. Some say it sounds "warmer" but to me 5.2.1 sounds "warmer" than 6.0.1.

I'm sure someone will help you with your issue.

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 6:47 pm
Thanks JayMSY

Just so annoyed when 5.2 was just running sweet no problems apart from the odd external crash then another load of issues to contend with and upgrade. My confidence had recently been restored using VDJ after all the bugs were fixed now I feel as if we are having to Beta test the bloody thing again hence how quickly VDJ 6 was revised over night to 6.01.

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 6:59 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have used v6 through out the Beta in my club ... it doesn't have any issues ... and there are others in my area that have all used it since release that have called me and told me how much better it is ...

So, instead of simply writing a complaint ... how about you list your Sound Setup & Performance settings ... and we correct you incorrect settings ...

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 8:08 pm
Hi CStoll

Thank you for replying so swiftly

The settings are VDJ 6 default. Never had the need to change them on 5.2. Why should the A deck have issues and not the B deck on VDJ 6.01

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 8:22 pm
Do you see the stuttering on the wave form or rotation of the deck A? If not, then it sounds like VDJ is okay, but it is the sound output. It sounds simple and silly, but you may want to try replacing the USB and/or RCA cable for that deck to your USB Mixer. Radio Shack makes a great RCA cable with a "ground loop isolator" built right into it. I have used nothing BUT those RCA cables, and I always keep a few on hand just in case. It prevents hum, crackles, etc...

It could just be a coincidence that you upgraded and the cable went back. I have had it happen to me before. I chased my tail for days trying to figure something out. When come to find out, the cable happened to decide to go bad at the same time i installed new software.

As Cstoll mentioned, post your hardware/config in more detail. They probably have a lab they can go recreate your equipment situation and look for what your propr 6 configuration should be. Or if others have that same configuration, they can help you if they have already had to over come your particular obsticle. These forums are particularly beneficial with VDJ because you have peer users and Atomix staff that participate. So be as detailed as you can about your setup: Laptop/PC, Processor, Memory RAM, Hard drive configuration, VDJ Version, and controller/sound hardware or timecode.

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 10:20 pm
Hi

Thanks for that tip. Apart from the lousy sound on Deck A it stuttered and stopped as if someone had put the break on also the wave. I tried shift it with the mouse and the deck just wavered. The annoying thing is that was happening much of the day, no problem with Deck B.

I have no gigs for the next two days so look into this a little more as I have calmed down since my rant.

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 3:18 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Silly question; but did you not fully test your system after upgrading to 6.0.1? I've been using it live for quite some time now without any sound issues whatsoever, but I did take the time to test my rig out fully before trusting it to run a night.

If your settings are 'default' then try turning off safe mode and overclock.

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 4:28 am
SBDJ wrote :
Silly question; but did you not fully test your system after upgrading to 6.0.1? I've been using it live for quite some time now without any sound issues whatsoever, but I did take the time to test my rig out fully before trusting it to run a night.

If your settings are 'default' then try turning off safe mode and overclock.

Cheers for the suggestion I will follow through with those. Any idea why just one side of VDJ is problematic, Deck B was used for Video which worked fine but any track placed on deck A would be intermittent with interference as if there was a short in the system, also freezing to the point it braked even though the song was fully loading and also stuttering on and off. As I said the strange thing was Deck B was fine.

Gonna run a few test this afternoon and come to a conclusion hopefully then I come back with my apologetic head on :)

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 4:54 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)