快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Mapping question on RMX

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Okay I have the money finally and am going to get a controller in the next two weeks...leaning towards the RMX but I know nothing about mnapping, midi or the new VDJ script.....(I know I'm a dumbas*)

What I want to know is

(1) The buttons number 1-6 can I map those so they work the pre-set loops 1/2 beat, 1 beat , 2 beat, 4 beat, 8 beat & 16 beat?
(2) Can the EQ "Kill" buttons be re-mapped to be "Jump To Cue 1", "Jump To Cue 2", "Jump To Cue Select" (i.e. this one will jump to whatever cue is selected by the "Cue Select Button")?
(3) Can the Load Deck A and Load Deck B buttons be re-mapped to be the "Video Take" buttons for deck A and B respectively?
(4) Can the |< and >| search buttons be remapped to be used as pitch +/- incrementaly buttons?

For those of you who have this unit how is the sound card quality?

Lastly does anybody know if a user inkjet printable overlay skin is available for the RMX like they are for the Vestax?

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 8:17 am
(1) Yes.

(2) Yes, except I'm not real sure about the "jump to cue select" part.

(3) I'm not sure what "video take" means...Sorry I don't really do video. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I think the sound quality of the RMX is fine for an all-in-one. It gets me by without any complaints, and I like the controller itself - way roomier and more responsive than the MK2 :D

I'm not familiar with the overlay thing...Maybe you could google it and see what comes up.

Good luck ;)

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 8:36 am
discjockeydoc wrote :
(1) Yes.

(2) Yes, except I'm not real sure about the "jump to cue select" part.

(3) I'm not sure what "video take" means...Sorry I don't really do video. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I think the sound quality of the RMX is fine for an all-in-one. It gets me by without any complaints, and I like the controller itself - way roomier and more responsive than the MK2 :D

I'm not familiar with the overlay thing...Maybe you could google it and see what comes up.

Good luck ;)

(3) The "video take" buttons are the buttons you push when you want the video crossfader to crossfade auto matically once you hit the button, thus freeing oyur hands (or mouse) to do other taskes while the video fades from one deck to the next.

I tried the google thing first and could not find anything.

Anybody know the answers to #(2) about the jump to cue & (3) about the video take buttons?

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 4:57 am
For #1, map the bunttons to loop 0.5, loop 1, loop 2, loop 4, loop 8 and loop 16

For #2, you would map the buttons to hot_cue 1, hot_cue 2 and hot_cue 3 - These will jump to and play from the given cue point numbers if set, otherwise they set the cue point if it's not set.

For #3, you can map the buttons to video_transition - This will automatically video crossfade between the two decks. You can also optionally specify the crossfade time, e.g: 1000ms for a 1 second transition.

For #4, map the buttons to pitch_bend -2% 500ms and pitch_bend +2% 500ms.

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 8:14 am
jpboggis wrote :
For #1, map the bunttons to loop 0.5, loop 1, loop 2, loop 4, loop 8 and loop 16

For #2, you would map the buttons to hot_cue 1, hot_cue 2 and hot_cue 3 - These will jump to and play from the given cue point numbers if set, otherwise they set the cue point if it's not set.

For #3, you can map the buttons to video_transition - This will automatically video crossfade between the two decks. You can also optionally specify the crossfade time, e.g: 1000ms for a 1 second transition.

For #4, map the buttons to pitch_bend -2% 500ms and pitch_bend +2% 500ms.

For #4 I am not looking for pitch bend (I am assuming the jogwheel can be used to "bend" the pitch just like in the caveman days when we had to use vinyl on a bulky and heavy turntable). I would like the button to be an increment so when pressed it would "fine adjust the pitch" by bumping it up/down .01% each time it is pressed (or the smallest increment VDJ allows.

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 12:31 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004

For #4 I am not looking for pitch bend (I am assuming the jogwheel can be used to "bend" the pitch just like in the caveman days when we had to use vinyl on a bulky and heavy turntable). I would like the button to be an increment so when pressed it would "fine adjust the pitch" by bumping it up/down .01% each time it is pressed (or the smallest increment VDJ allows. [/quote]

Ive just checked it out and.....

pitch +0.005

increases my pitch by 0.1% each press

does this help?

PJay

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 4:11 pm
yes thank you

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 12:36 am
Hey, can u instruct me on how to LABEL the buttoms I am using for HOT CUEs accordingly on the RMX skin?... And is there anyway to have it show as a dropdown item?

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 3:17 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)