快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: VDJ Script for jog browsing - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ok I have been at this for awhile now, without success here is what I want to happen.

I want my Total Control to behave similar as it did with MoraMaxes mapper from V5.2. I have no problems figuring out how to do alt buttons but what I cannot get to work properly is the browsing with the jog wheels.

They should:

Left Jog = default act as jog > when var $shift is true, scroll through folders

Right Jog = default act as jog > when var $shift if true, scroll through songs

As of right now I can get them to bot scroll through songs but its jumpy and will not scroll smoothly, I cannot get them to act independatly so the left is for folders and right is songs.

here is an example of what i have tried:
" var $shift ? deck 1 browser_window folders & browser_scroll & deck 2 browser_window songs & browser_scroll : jog_wheel "

Please if you can help with the script let me know.

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:47 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You are close ...

var "$shift" ? action_deck 1 ? browser_window "folders" & browser_scroll : action_deck 2 ? browser_window "songs" & browser_scroll : jog_wheel

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:33 pm
still nothing, both jogs are scrolling the songs but not folders, also lost the jog with this script.

also you wouldn't have any idea why they are still jumpy, I have to spin it fast to get it to move then it jumps tracks.

"action_deck 1 ? browser_window "folders" & browser_scroll " scrolls through the tracks also not folders

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:39 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK, let me play with it a bit ... will get back to you ...

Change the Jog Sensitivity in the Config -> Options ... slide the slider to the left a little bit.

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:43 pm
tried that ;) if I remember correctly it has something to do with the way the Total Control sends the midi commands

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:49 pm
For browsing with jogwheel, you should use wheel_mode 'browser', e.g:

For SHIFT button:

set '$shift' 1 while_pressed & wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed & action_deck 1 ? browser_window 'folders' : browser_window 'songs'

And then just map the jogwheel to:

jog_wheel

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:55 pm
that works sooooo much better, the only thing it's missing it the folder browse for the left jog the right works exactly as it should

Thanks

toggle  '$shift' 1 & wheel_mode 'browser' & action_deck 1 ? browser_window 'folders' : browser_window 'songs'

just tweaked it to use the toggle

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 2:01 pm
Did you include the action_deck bit? I added that after posting the original message.

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 2:05 pm
yes i have exactly what i posted below

toggle '$shift' 1 & wheel_mode 'browser' & action_deck 1 ? browser_window 'folders' : browser_window 'songs'

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 2:06 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jpboggis wrote :
For browsing with jogwheel, you should use wheel_mode 'browser', e.g:

For SHIFT button:

set '$shift' 1 while_pressed & wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed & action_deck 1 ? browser_window 'folders' : browser_window 'songs'

And then just map the jogwheel to:

jog_wheel

Thankyou, that works so much better for me too

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 2:06 pm
toggle $shift & wheel_mode 'browser' 

gives me the same results as

toggle $shift & wheel_mode 'browser' & action_deck 1 ? browser_window 'folders' : browser_window 'songs'

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 2:56 pm
You want to use the version I posted above with while_pressed after wheel_mode 'browser', otherwise it will remain in browsing mode after you release the SHIFT button (So you can't use the jogwheel to scratch afterwards)

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 3:05 pm
That one doesnt work fully, I can only use one jog to browse and it will only scroll the tracks of folders depending on what I had last clicked on. also I want to use the toggle so I can turn the browsing on and off this code does exactly that but with toggle

toggle $shift & wheel_mode 'browser' & action_deck 1 ? browser_window 'folders' : browser_window 'songs'

and the jog is

jog_wheel

this is partly working like I said I just can't get the left to browser the folders and the right to scroll songs.

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 4:13 pm
nobody has anymore ideas?

发表时间 Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 11:27 am
Ok so we can only use 1 jog wheel at a time now? if thats the case then yes that can easily be done with that script but it's not what I was trying to accomplish.

I am going to mess around more with all of these commands, there as to be a way to get this working, if I figure it out I will post the solution so other members can access it. This is the biggest feature I miss about the old map MoraMax had made.

发表时间 Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 11:59 am
ok I've been testing a few things and here is what iv found.

key: FOLDER
action:
wheel_mode 'browser'

key: JOG
action:
jog_wheel

this should make it so if i press the FOLDER key it changes the jogs from regular to browse mode for both wheels.

what really happens is the left wheel doesn't change and the right wheel scrolls the active window (songs)

发表时间 Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 2:48 pm
this should not be rocket science for me.....but I am having a help of a time mapping my Total Control.....I need lots of help.....I have tried everything in this topic and it does not perform like it states.....I think I may go back to 5.21 and use Moramax's mapper cuz 6.0 is not working for......ugh I hate going back........maybe I just need a crash course in programming.......shakin head I hate programming and the damn auto-learn aint working for me either......anyone of you guys have a class for this? man......

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 4:40 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanks cioce
for adding the screen shot that's pointed me in the right direction
i have done mine slightly different on my herc steel

down = browser_scroll + 1 & wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed

but it works a treat

thanks again aubs

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 6:49 am
aubs123 wrote :
thanks cioce
for adding the screen shot that's pointed me in the right direction
i have done mine slightly different on my herc steel

down = browser_scroll + 1 & wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed

but it works a treat

thanks again aubs

That's the way I've done it as well, and it works fine for now.

The important thing to remember is that this method still only works with the "active [PFL]" deck's jog wheel. If you slip up and accidentally move the other jog while a track is playing in that deck, you'll throw off your track and get some dirty looks from the floor, lol.

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 8:17 am
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
yes I've got to agree there,
i am now in the process of trying to train myself to keep an eye out on which one is the active deck at all times lol !! should be fun

aubs

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 8:35 am
77%