快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Connecting soundblaster 24bit external sound card to mixer

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

amemanHome userMember since 2008
I have connected my sound blaster live 24bit external sound card to my mixer. The front output of the ext soundcard is connected to channel 1 of the mixer and the rear output is connected to channel 2 of the mixer.

I set my VDJ's output setting to 4.1 mode - external mixer mode.
Front - Left Deck - Channel 1 on my mixer.
Rear - Right Deck - Channel 2 on my mixer.

I can mix music ok, but I cannot alter/change the volume on none of the two channels (chn1/chl2) to affect the audio going out of the mixer. The mixer is just allowing the audio to pass through on each channel but I do not have the ability to modify the audio from the mixer.

All volume control has to done at the laptop level. The mixer also has a built equalizer which I cannot use to modify the audio being output either. If I turn on the equalizer the audio output is reduced dramatically.

I am assuming that I need another device that will convert the front/rear output of the ext soundcard to line out,

Does anyone know of any device which I can use to convert the front/rear from the ext soundcard output to line out or another solution to the problem.

Any Assistance/Advice will be greatly appreciated.

发表时间 Wed 27 May 09 @ 6:25 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Where does the master out from your mixer go to? If you have that going to an amp or stereo you should be ok.

发表时间 Wed 27 May 09 @ 8:23 am

发表时间 Wed 27 May 09 @ 4:58 pm
Hello ameman,

What is your mixer (brand, name, reference)?

I don't understand what you mean in "I cannot alter/change the volume on none of the two channels (ch1/ch2)": if you have a mixer, I suppose you have 2 volume faders (at least), and if you can mix with the crossfader, then the volume faders should work to change (separately) the input 1-2 (deck A) or the input 3-4 (deck B) on the mixer.
So please precise what happens when you move the volume faders.
If you have no volume faders, then this mixer is not made for 2 deck DJ mix.

If your equalizer completely cuts the sound immediately, have you checked if you cannot increase the input volume (either on your laptop or on gain buttons on your mixer) to use it as a normal mixer.

发表时间 Thu 28 May 09 @ 10:15 am
Hello Made in Breizh,

The mixer's brand is gemini pdm-02

When I move the volume faders the output on neither of the channels is not increased/decreased. I can only adjust the volume from the laptop
I can mix no problem, The mixer is just not working in the correctly, such as no increase/decrease on the channel volume faders, and the equalizer does not work. If I switch on the equalizer the audio output is reduced dramatically

These functions all worked when I had my Numark Dual CD Player and this was connected by line output

Connectioin from Sound Blaster 24bit live external
front speaker output - channel 1 on mixer
rear speaker output - channel 2 on the mixer
I am assuming the audio from the ext sound card needs to converted to line out (by some device) to enable the mixer to work correctly.

Thanks for your reply

发表时间 Thu 28 May 09 @ 6:24 pm
Ameman, you shouldn't need any more devices, I've used the same setup. Have you tried going to Windows control panel, click on Sounds and Audio devices. Your soundblaster should be listed as the device(soundcard) under Volume, Audio and Voice.If it's not use the drop downs to change it to SoundblasterLive. See if that's what's listed, it should work, if not I'll explore further.

发表时间 Fri 29 May 09 @ 12:05 pm
hi djnrgbear
Sounds in the Windows Control panel finds the audio device automatically once the ext sound card is plugged in.
What is happening with the mixer is a strange one, Is there anything else you are doing with your hookup which I am not?
Thanks for your assistance, though it ismuch appreciated.

发表时间 Fri 29 May 09 @ 3:30 pm
Sounds like that's setup right, from what I understand, your going into the mixer, what do you have the mixer connected to? For me at home I have the rca jacks connected to the booth outputs to auxilary jacks in an old home stereo. I'm assuming you have sound coming out of another source, and not playing back through your laptop. No problem helping, alot of guys helped me and continue to. so I do the same when I can. I check some other options later if thats not the problem

发表时间 Fri 29 May 09 @ 4:03 pm
Couple of other things to check, make sure Windows is using the Soundblaster driver, I seem to remember having trouble with that. Another thing is go into Soundblaster's control panel and make sure you have 4.1 speakers enabled.

发表时间 Fri 29 May 09 @ 4:56 pm
I have the mixer connected to an amplifier. I have rca jacks connected to record outputs to 1/4 inputs on the amp. I cannot get no audio from booth/master outputs on the mixer either, I can only get audio out of the record output of the mixer. I know there seems to be a lot of problems, but I had ignored these issues since I could DJ with the crossfader but now I intend to correct all the issues which I have ignored for a while. Windows automagically finds the soundblaster when it is connected to the laptop. There is one thing I forgot, when I connect the ext soundcard to the laptop and run diagnostics, there is an error window which says 'the device supported by the app is not present or maybe operating in an unsupported mode'. The speaker setting is set to 4/4.1. This is the driver version 1.0.31, this does seem a very old soundcard driver. I am assuming this driver must be very out of date. Thanks for your assistance, it has been much appreciated

发表时间 Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 6:22 pm
Hi djnrgbear, I
t does seem that I need a driver update, because even when I Creative Software AutoUpdate is activated the version number that is required is 3.00.16 or later. I have not seen this driver update anywhere. Could this be the issue with all the problems I am experencing and is there anywhere to update the driver, because I am assuming the updated driver would fix the problems I am experencing. Thanks again

发表时间 Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 6:29 pm
Hey djnrgbear,
Thanks for all your assistance, your help was very much apprecisated. I did not need no updates in the end. I reconnected my soundblaster to two different lines on the mixer, which had the ability to switch the input signal from line to phono. This made all the difference, now I can control the volume on the individual channlels, and the output is much robust and stronger. The trick was switching the input to the mixer from line to phono. Thanks again

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 11:39 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)