快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Search whole hard drive?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I downloaded the trial, how do I search my whole heard drive while playing music?? I have to search music folder by folder.

发表时间 Thu 21 May 09 @ 9:19 pm
Make a VDJ folder and add or move all of your songs to that folder. All of your music will then be on the list to search from.

发表时间 Tue 26 May 09 @ 7:40 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No, do not move all your music to one folder ...

Use VirtualDJ's recurse feature (covered in the manual) and add all your tracks to the Search Database. Then you will be searching your entire collection.

发表时间 Tue 26 May 09 @ 8:27 am
sorry i must point out not to use the recurse feature. Although it may work on a small amount of tracks, but when you get to several thousand, RECURSE is not the best solution.

within virtualDJ, find the directories where your music is stored, and right-click > Add to searchDB.

then after this you can make virtual folders or make a filter folder.

these are covered in the VDJ Manual, and if you search around here there are enough mentions of this.

But as for the 1st suggestion, if you put all your music in one folder, when you add that to searchDB, it will take longer to scan (though you only need to do this every once in a while)

发表时间 Tue 26 May 09 @ 4:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mark -- you obviously did not read my whole post ... you suggested the same thing stated.

Also, the Recurse is not as bad as you make it sound. It's all relevant to where you start the recurse. And if you have a poorly organized collection then Yes, the recurse can be more of a burden than help. I use recurse all the time on my database and don't experience any performance issues ... my collection is 10's of thousands in tracks ... but I don't recurse my entire collection either. Only segments based on how I have things organized.

Now, once everything is added to the Search DB then things are much easier to find and no you don't have to use the recurse as much.

Also, if you have specific locations that you use tracks from on a regular basis, then set those up as Favorite folders for quick access. As recommended Virtual and Filter folders are very helpful as well.

发表时间 Tue 26 May 09 @ 4:39 pm
I have an empty "AA Folder" in my music folder - i click on that and search for my songs - after i have added them all to dbSearch.

发表时间 Wed 27 May 09 @ 3:05 am
Thanks to various bits of advice given to me on this forum, this solution works for me:

Rip all your music into Windows Media Player;

Name each album individually;

Save it as "artist-title" - if you just put the title in, you will have to type in the artist manually.

You can access the files in Virtual DJ. To analyse the BPMs and running times, do it album-by album - it can take ages to do the lot all in one go - then the money would run out on the electric meter (well, if you will insist on trying to put German pfennigs and French centimes and Spanish pesetas and Portuguese escudos in it instead of ten-bob bits?), or the whole thing crashes or your impatient dad wants you to turn off the computer NOW and won't wait whilst it goes through the shut-down routine.

发表时间 Wed 27 May 09 @ 4:03 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)