快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Only on Deck 2...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
when I play urban/hip hop in the bpm range of 115 and less the bass is distorted! It started happening Tuesday. The only thing that changed is my dj booth moved thus everything was unplugged and replugged.

This does not happen with dance! Maybe the man upstairs doesn't want me to play urban but I have to. Its really strange. I have to turn the bass back to about 11 on the software and then up on the external mixer to compensate.

Am I the only one this is happening to?

I'm using the latest version. It happens regardless keylock on or off. Config/Performances is "fastest". Soundcard is 1024 latency and Safe Mode is checked.

发表时间 Thu 07 May 09 @ 11:40 pm
hey jamsy, just curious but are the songs u tryin to play analized in vdj cause sounds like maybe the gain in vdj might b too high and causing the distortion .happened 2 me b4 adding a new ripped song into the automix playlist .man soundedlike a train wreck had to power walk back to the booth and make adjustments quick. it was early at the bar so was only shoting pool .lol

but then if its just in a specific bpm range then i dont know thats a weird one

发表时间 Fri 08 May 09 @ 9:20 am
The tracks were indeed analyzed in vdj. YOur right about the gain. It sounds like that is what it could be but if that is the case wouldn't the track (ie: Keri Hilson Turnin Me On) sound like that on deck 1? Its strange and very puzzling. Again I would love not to play urban but I have no choice on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

发表时间 Fri 08 May 09 @ 12:35 pm
thats weird indeed .it plays fine on deck one .
ok u using timecodes or a controller? make sure its all config the same in the soundcard config window try a different skin.sounds weird but hey .goodluck.

发表时间 Fri 08 May 09 @ 5:43 pm
2 different controllers using the computer's internal soundcard. I also tried 2 different skins...same result.

发表时间 Fri 08 May 09 @ 8:25 pm
bump.
is this the latest 5.2.1 or different version?

i would probrably try a fresh install but would backup the old vdj folder first...

hopefully someone from the team can help more.

发表时间 Sat 09 May 09 @ 7:22 pm
it is the latest version.

On Tuesday I'm going to try and have the sound engineer meet me and maybe he can figure it out. It happens with fast urban tunes too (ie: FLo Rida "Low", BEP "Boom Boom Pow").

The only thing that has changed is the dj booth moved and now VDJ is plugged in directly to the Rane mixer when before it was running thru a patch bay system.

发表时间 Sun 10 May 09 @ 2:15 pm
** UPDATE **

I found the source of the problem....

It seems as though when the computer was unplugged during the DJ booth move for a lengthy period of time everything reset. All the sound levels for the soundcard (control panel/sounds and audio devices) was cranked up all the way thus it was causing distortion on certain frequencies. The levels have been re-adjusted and everything sounds normal.

发表时间 Thu 21 May 09 @ 5:36 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)