快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Noise from your Hercules RMX?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I recently bought the RMX with hopes of using it as a controller and mixer. Unfortunately, when there is no music coming from it, there is a faint white noise, as you would expect from any consumer grade (or similarly priced) piece of hardware. The problem is that if this is to be used as a mixer, it will be connected directly to an amplifier or set of amplified speaker, all set to near max output, making this faint hiss very loud. The fact that it doesn't have balanced outputs makes even more susceptible to noise, but I won't go into that.

I have been using it through a mixer for now as the noise, though not noticeable during even low music playback, is embarrassing to my ears during speeches, or other times when the music is off. I am thinking about returning it.

Has anyone been using this connected directly to your amplifiers?

发表时间 Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 9:33 am
TheFleaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You need a ground loop isolator. try to disconnect the Laptop from the power supply, and you will se that the noise is gone!^^

发表时间 Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 9:41 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
TheFlea wrote :
You need a ground loop isolator. try to disconnect the Laptop from the power supply, and you will se that the noise is gone!^^

Yep, as the above. Disconnect your power supply and run on your laptops battery for 10 mins. If it is a ground loop problem then the hum should go.

There are a couple of different designs of ground loop isolators, the cheapest is this or this. The latter one looking a slightly better one :)

发表时间 Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 9:54 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
An isolator is good thing to have but they are not cheap. Unplugging the laptop is a great way to narrow it down quickly. If that works, you can go the local hardware store and get a 3 prong to 2 prong electrical plug converter (eliminateing the groung pin on your PC) that most people use for older homes for about $1 (or less). If it does not work put the 3 prong to 2 prong converter on each grounded plug in your system and try it until the hum goes away (you may need more than one 3 to 2 converter). I carry at least 4 of these everywhere my show goes in case I have issues (for 2 laptops and a desktop w/ monitor). They may not be a great, but it gets the job done in a pinch.

You could also plug your amps, mixers and any other piece of audio gear (sources and PC included) into the same plug/strip. The only reason this is not a good idea is if you draw more power then 1 plug or circut can handle. Again, unplugging the laptop is a good test before going through the trouble of rewiring.

Ground hums happen when there is a ground potential difference (voltage difference) between differet plugs or circuts. Put them all on the same strip, your problem is solved the right way with no costly isolators and extra gear. Unless your system consumes more power than that plug/circut was designed for. In this case, if you need more than 1 plug/circut, try the 3 prong converter before the gound isolator.

Good luck, ground loops suck. But this should save time, frustration and money!

I love my RMX, I would give it one more chance! One thing though, the RMX has 1/4 inch ballanced outputs (not typical 3 pin XLR), the manual specifically says that. I almost forgot to mention that mine is plugged directly into my Mackie powered speakers with 1/4 ballanced to XLR cables.

发表时间 Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 8:28 pm
TheFleaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What you are telling is dangerous. Don´t forget that the third pin is the ground of your components. If your equip fails, and they are not grounded, you would be at risk for a electro shock!

Be Carefull!!!

发表时间 Wed 29 Apr 09 @ 1:57 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)