快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Midi mixer options?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

So i want to buy VDJ but im not sure what midi mixer to get. Ive looked at most midi mixers and i'd like to know which ones work the best and what peoples experience has been with them. Recently ive been looking at the stanton scs1.m but havent been able to come across any info on these forums, anyone tried it? I want to do video in the future, hopely my future setup will be a pair of denon dns3700s and midi mixer, and maybe some other controller. Right now i just have a reg. serato setup. O, and I'm not interested in the behringer ddm 400 or watever its called. Any help would be very appreciated.

发表时间 Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 2:12 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
There are all kinds of midi mixers available from consoles to rack to the one below.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/XSessionPro.html

Some come with our software le version which upgrades to the pro version at a discount later, so this may factor into your decision on this piece in particular.

The RMX by Hercules is about the best bargain all around most will agree, and comes with our LE software.

Time to study up on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Some of these come with sound cards internally which simplifies set up and neatness.

发表时间 Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 2:23 pm
Yeah i should have been more specific. I'm looking for a straight up midi mixer not a controller. Price isnt a concern, i want to be able to mix video eventually, so id like fader/x-fader control. Like i said, im eventually getting denon 3700s, so they would some cover midi control (as soon they're natively supported). Thanks in advance.

发表时间 Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 3:13 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're after a decent proper mixer, with MIDI support and have the budget I have had great experience with the Ecler Evo 5. I'd also recommend the Korg Zero 8 and Allen & Heath Xone:4D.

发表时间 Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 3:43 pm
I think i might be leaning towards the evo 5. Does the zero4 or zero8 have midi over firewire, and how is the stanton scs1.m? Thanks for your help

发表时间 Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 8:52 pm
I've never used the Stanton, but yes, the Korgs support MIDI over their firewire interface.

发表时间 Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 4:29 am
Ok thanks, cuz if it didnt then im not interested. Well i guess i got to decide between the korg or ecler.

发表时间 Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 8:34 pm
I levelled up your post to hide your email address from public view, google bots and so on.

Simple MIDI mapping is easy, click auto-learn, move control, assign action. Rinse and repeat :)

发表时间 Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 5:27 am
Can anybody help me?

I'm planning to get Xone: 2D as my controler, but can use it for VDJ 6?

I'm planning to get an external mixer that has built in effects and MIDI function so i can control internal mixer of VDJ 6 but my budget is not more than $500...can u recomend any?

I'm planning to get Vestax PMC-280...but can use it as MIDI to control the internal mixer of VDJ 6 too? Or should i use Audio8 first?

I used to have Hercules RMX but not very satisfying and i wanna to upgrade it...

Thanks
:)

发表时间 Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 6:05 pm
Xone:2D is a MIDI device so will work with VDJ.

$500 is not a lot to play with for a mixer with MIDI and effects I'm afraid. Maybe you can find a used Korg Zero4 or something?

The PMC-280 is not MIDI compatible so will not control VDJ's internal functions. If using an external mixer you don't need to control the internal mixer. You might want a MIDI crossfader, but even that can be worked around by using keyboard shortcuts or MIDI triggers.

发表时间 Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 2:22 am
Thanks for replying...

But if i'm getting Korg Zero4...can i control everything in the VDJ or it just the internal mixer of VDJ only?

Should i get another MIDI control CD Deck (Denon DN-1200)...to cover everything like PLAY/CUE/PITCH/EFFECTS/SAMPLER?

If i pair Denon DN-S1200 with Korg Zero4...can it be use to control 'everything' in VDJ?

Or...if i get Xone:2D, can it control everything in VDJ?...do i need another external mixer?

发表时间 Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 5:31 am
Perhaps it's easier if you tell us what you want to accomplish and control and we can recommend gear.

For example: You don't really need to control the internal mixer if using an external mixer such as the Korg Zero 4. If using a controller such as the Korg Zero 4 you will need another device to control the decks. If you use something like the Xponent for example, it controls the internal mixer and decks but has other limitations.

So as I say, it depends. With your budget you're probably looking at an all-in-one like an Omni control, RMX or Xponent.

发表时间 Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 8:17 am
Ok...what am i trying to say is...

I used to have RMX, but I'm not really satisfied with it's quality...that's why i decided to break it down to Denon DNS 1200 and Korg Zero4 Live!

I know that by using RMX...i can control everything on the VDJ software (not included hot cue or loop)...
But what am i hoping with pairing DNS1200 and Korg Zero4 live is...i can control everything on the vdj software too...
DNS 1200 as my deck controler on VDJ software (as PLAY/CUE/STOP/PITCH/SCRATCH/BEND/etc)...
and Korg Zero4 live as my controler for internal mixer on VDJ software (TREBLE/MID/LOW/BASS/EFFECTS/SAMPLER)...
Do i need another soundcard like AUDIO4 (from NATIVE INSTRUMENT)...just to put everything together and plug it in one line?

I'm just trying to get a better quaility mobile DJ...
I hate that all in one controler such as RMX...

Thanks

发表时间 Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 6:11 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)