快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Lost a virtual folder.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

it's happened three times now. Every so often I lose a virtual folder containg "dance 70-80's".
I then have to copy that "virtual folder "section of the database from another computer and transfer it in the database that lost it.
That's really weird, anyone else experienced anything like that with their database, hooked to a usb2.0 500 gB ext. seagate HD (that contains the database).

i run VDJ 5.2.1 off a 2gB ram Dell 6000 laptop. Everything else usually runs fine including videos.

发表时间 Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 11:00 pm
Anyone else have any database issues, i.e., "lost material within, folders,etc" with VDJ5.2.1 ????

发表时间 Tue 17 Mar 09 @ 5:49 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bryant,

Are the contents of the Virtual Folder usually on an external drive? And was that drive connected when you notice the Virtual Folder missing?

发表时间 Tue 17 Mar 09 @ 8:19 pm
I've lost Virtual Folders recently and also many files needed re-analysing too. Very frustrating.

I've just finished converting all my VOB files, which were on a USB 500Gb external drive. They are now all AVIs with the mp3 sound at 320kbits stored on the laptops internal 320Gb hard drive.

I have also spent the last few days moving all my videos into an organised database structure similar to my mp3 database. All done with Windows folders i.e. 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, etc., etc. Don't use the Virtual Folders anymore.

发表时间 Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 2:53 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJSoulman - was this before or after you converted files and moved them?

发表时间 Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 11:19 am
It was before, over the last few months. Strange they seemed ok for many months then around Christmas time they started disappearing also some of them move down the list. I had 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, etc. The 1990s folder diappeared about 6 or 7 weeks ago along with a 2002 folder then my 1970s folder appeared below the 2000 folder for some strange reason, obviously easily spotted.

I also started finding files with a yellow icon meaning they had no BPM, time or Camelot number and needed re-analysing.

I DJ for a living in two nightclubs for a total of 11 hours per week and found this very frustrating, thats why I've now moved my files into the Windows folder structure. Can't have folders disappearing.

www.deejayles.com

Also on facebook with videos of last weekend, just search on my name.

发表时间 Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 3:20 pm
Just wanted to mention that the losing of virtual folders is still happening. I lost a virtual folder last night.
Is anyone else having this happen to them at all.

发表时间 Sun 24 May 09 @ 3:03 pm
Yeah, it hasn't happened to me for a while now (as far as I can remember) but a few months ago my "Party Warmup" virtual folder dissappeared randomly. Luckily, at a previous gig I'd played the contents of the folder just about from start to end and so I found all the files in the history and put them in a new folder. And yes, it was on an external hard drive (all my media is).

发表时间 Mon 25 May 09 @ 9:14 am
I'm pretty sure I have another backup with another xml database file in it, but it's getting to be a pain to have to; once a month, rely on a slightly older backup xml file and then rescan a bunch of songs that aren't in the older database.

I really hope this gets figured out, anyone else been seeing this, if so, post your specs and see if we can help the dev team find a common thread here.

发表时间 Mon 25 May 09 @ 1:52 pm
cstoll wrote :
Bryant,

Are the contents of the Virtual Folder usually on an external drive? And was that drive connected when you notice the Virtual Folder missing?

Contents are on a 500gb Seagate ext HD. Yes, it was connected.

发表时间 Tue 26 May 09 @ 8:25 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)