快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Deck 2 (Usually) moving faster/slower automatically

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

shawnrHome userMember since 2007
Sorry if theres a basic answer for this problem, not too familiar with many of the settings. Im running VDJ 5.07 on windows Vista with Hercules RMX. I keep having a problem mostly with deck 2 when im trying to match up the beats. It seems like it automatically is moving faster, when i press the pitch bend button - it moves slower. Previously it just moved to where i wanted it to, but now it locks by itself. At first this only happened when I was playing for about 5-10 minutes, I would have to restart the program for it to work properly then it would happen again. Now when Im trying it happens much faster either right off the bat or within a minute. The buttons are not stuck, ive switched them to others, and assigned other effects to the ones I had set a pitch bend + -. Any help would be more than appreciated with this.

Still playing around with everything. If I press pitch bend + on deck 1 it matches up with deck 2. If I press pitch bend - on deck 1, deck 2 appears to be going faster. Thus it appears that pitch bend is locking everytime it is pressed....How do I change that setting...(again, sorry if its a stupid question)

发表时间 Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 6:13 pm
updating to 5.2.1 might help you??

发表时间 Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 7:33 pm
Tried already...same issue

发表时间 Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 7:55 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
updating to 5.2.1 might help you??

I am not really sure I understand the problem to assist.

1) You press + on D1 it catches up with D2.
2) When it "catches up" does that mean you hear it to be beat matched?
3) Then you slow down D1 by pressing - and then D2 is going faster.

Therefore if it was beat matched in step 2, and you slow down D1, then yes D2 will be going faster. So not sure your description of the issue is fully telling the story. You might also indicate if you ever have done beatmatching prior to using the VDJ software. Because that opens up a lot of different possibilities when it comes to the solution to your problems.

Without a better description of the issue, the only thing I can suggest is it sounds like one of the controller keys is sticking. If you have a local DJ store with a Herc out on display or a friend who has one, you may see if you can take your laptop in, hook it up and see if that same thing happens. If it repeats, then you can probably guess it is a software configuration issue. If it does not, then you may have something wrong with the controller.

发表时间 Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 7:59 pm
Please disregard first post as it does not really reflect the actual problem...

I've narrowed it down to this particular error. The keys ARE sticking, however only for pitch bend + and - . No matter which button I assign them to, they are sticking. Most likely this is just a hercules issue, but i find it strange that its ONLY happening with pitch bend + and - I've assigned other effects to these buttons and theres no problem with them. Anyone else have this problem???

发表时间 Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 9:44 pm
Have you mapped this yourself??

If so be sure to have it selected on "temporary" or "momentarily" - this will mean it only bends when the button is pressed down.

发表时间 Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 10:01 pm
To follow through with this thread, I understand exactly what he is saying. I am having exactly the same problem. Pitch Bend in Virtual DJ will work flawlessly for a portion of the night, then at random, I press the + or - pitch bend button, and it is no longer momentary. It reacts like you are holding the button down even after you release it. I am using a DMC 02, but this problem is absolutely not being caused by a button sticking. In troubleshooting this problem, I disconnected the DMC 02 and ran strictly with keyboard and mouse, and the problem still persisted. When I close down the program and re-start it everything runs fine again. Could it be some weird reaction between Virtual DJ and the Maya 1010 Card possibly? This happens on this PC about once a night. I use the same software on my laptop with a gigaport ag and have not experienced the problem.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

发表时间 Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 10:06 am
djianlPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Having the same problem on my setup!

Had Numark Cue before and timecode worked great, paid for the new Virtual DJ licence swap and the second deck constantly changes speed by .1 of a bpm which makes mixing more difficult than it should be!

I've changed the timecode setting numerous times but it makes no difference!

发表时间 Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 10:42 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)