快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Looking to get a mac laptop. Any suggestions

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I currently use a pc. I hate it!!! i want to get a mac laptop. I dj and do karaoke. I also use alot of music videos. 1st i want to know what is a good mac product to use. 2nd do macs have an s video out? If not how to you hook up to tvs? 3rd all my music videos are mpeg 2 format. Do I need to convert them to another format? 4th my karaoke files are zipped. will I need to convert them as well? finally last question can I use my external hard drive on my mac or do I have to buy a diif one for a mac?

I know its alotta questions but I figured I would ask you guys on here instead of asking mac. Im sure I'll get better answers from the djs that use one everyday.

Thanks

发表时间 Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 12:21 pm
djbojett wrote :
I currently use a pc. I hate it!!! i want to get a mac laptop. I dj and do karaoke. I also use alot of music videos. 1st i want to know what is a good mac product to use. 2nd do macs have an s video out? If not how to you hook up to tvs? 3rd all my music videos are mpeg 2 format. Do I need to convert them to another format? 4th my karaoke files are zipped. will I need to convert them as well? finally last question can I use my external hard drive on my mac or do I have to buy a diif one for a mac?

I know its alotta questions but I figured I would ask you guys on here instead of asking mac. Im sure I'll get better answers from the djs that use one everyday.

Thanks

1. macbook pro - better video card
2. no they dont - you can purchase a video connector
3. no you dont need to change them
4. no, you can unzip them
5. most are mac comp. i think? i know theres a windows format that is not supported ntfs i think but most are ok

发表时间 Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 9:05 pm
To my knowledge any external hard drive or usb flash drive is mac compatible, you just need to format it.

发表时间 Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 9:27 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Mac can read NTFS no problem just cant write to it.

I have the mac book pro latest model and its a powerhouse for playing videos.

The downside is video hook up the new models use mindisplay ports which are a newsish standard. So you will need adapter to hook up to your screens

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 8:25 am
I am looking at the macbook pro and found the one i want. my prob is they dont have a video connector to go from the laptop to s video or composite. any suggestions?

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 3:18 pm
i use mindisplay port to vga and then a vga convertor to give me the video outputs it has s video and composite

the mindisplay port is on the mbp and the adaptor to get you to vga comes from apple and then the convertor a got from computerdj.net

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 3:27 pm

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 3:36 pm
i use the latest mac book pro only released last november

its has dual video cards and 4gb ram plus its an intel core due 2.53 ghtz

by the way they have just upped all the processor speeds on mbp's today

http://www.pcdj.co.uk/shop/item.php?id=51

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 3:47 pm
Youve been a great help. I appreciate it! Thanks

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 3:53 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)