快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Audiophile 2496 soundcard/TCV question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ChipleyHome userMember since 2009
Hi,

New to the community, 1st time poster. I've been using Virtual DJ for some time now (trial version) and am now interested in adding timecoded vinyl to my arsenal. I was wondering if this soundcard will support TCV:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496.htm

It has a 9-pin cable that I can break out to devices if need be.

Also, I've read that Virtual DJ supports the use of TRAKTOR SCRATCH Timecode Vinyl and wanted to verify that this is true. Are all timecoded vinyl the same, or are there different signals for different applications - i.e. - Are TCV propietary to the respective apps they are supposed to be used with?

If (soundcard works && Tracktor Scratch TCV works) then
begin
purchase VDJ this weekend
end

Thanks for any replies,
~Chipley

发表时间 Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 11:44 am
/me looks for an Audiophile forum

发表时间 Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 8:05 am

Audiophile 2496 - 4-In/4-Out Audio Card

Any soundcard with 2 stereo in and 2 stereo outputs will work.
Prefferably asio driven cards, for better performance

Traktor vinyls arent officially supported by VDJ, so I'm not sure on the performace there.. But think someone posted using them.

发表时间 Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 1:46 am

Audiophile 2496 - 4-In/4-Out Audio Card

Any soundcard with 2 stereo in and 2 stereo outputs will work.
Prefferably asio driven cards, for better performance

Hiyas,

TY for the response. So, if I understand correctly, after reading the posts and researching online, I can hook up my 1200's to the line in's of the mixer I'm currently using, route the audio out of the mixer to the audio in of my 2496 soundcard, then route the audio out of the 2496 to my amp. After that, all that's needed is to grab some Numark TCV's, configure the TCV settings and I'm good to go. It seems like I'm missing something, but from all the reading I've done, the setup seems this simple.

Is it really that simple? TCV setup needs nothing more than an ASIO-enabled soundcard with 2-in/2-out, and TCV frequencies are transferred over the analog A/O?

All the apps I've read about with the proprietary hardware are very expensive, but the same can be accomplished with what I mentioned above?

Thanks again for the response,
~Chipley

发表时间 Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 1:51 pm

Its very simple yes... But you got the setup a little bit wrong.

1) On your analogue turntables, you will be playing a special timecoded vinyl (that produce a data signal)

2) This datasignal (from your turntables) goes into the line IN at your soundcard, and the signal is read by your PC

3) The signal (read by your PC) will control the DJ software

4) The DJ software plays digital files (mp3s) out you your soundcards OUTPUTS

5) From the soundcard OUTS, you connect to your mixers line ins... (the audio signal from your pc/dj software)

thats the way ;)

发表时间 Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 2:04 pm
Gotcha, so...

1) Understood

2) Almost understood - I have 2 RCA inputs on the 2496 (1 red(a), 1 white(b)), this means that I can use a RCA Y-join cable to join the 'a' and 'b' outputs from the turntable into one input, and use that single input per turntable for the 2 soundcard inputs? Or doesn't it matter whether the TCV signal is coming in from both a and b outputs on each turntable (if that makes any sense).

3) Understood

4) Understood

5) Understood

Thanks so much for your clarification,
~Chipley

发表时间 Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 2:54 pm
Chipley wrote :

2) Almost understood - I have 2 RCA inputs on the 2496 (1 red(a), 1 white(b)), this means that I can use a RCA Y-join cable to join the 'a' and 'b' outputs from the turntable into one input, and use that single input per turntable for the 2 soundcard inputs? Or doesn't it matter whether the TCV signal is coming in from both a and b outputs on each turntable (if that makes any sense).

Not sure I understand..

You need 2 x stereo inputs.. One for EACH turntable.. at your soundcard.

It can not be shared/joined at one input

发表时间 Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 4:28 pm
Understood. I guess I can just test on one turntable then, then expand if I'm likin' the time coded control.

Thanks again for all your clarifications,
~Chipley

发表时间 Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 8:12 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)