快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: How do I clear my database?? please help?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i recently used a friends hardrive whilst DJing using my virtual dj software. so this added all of his tunes to my existing database. The problem is it has doubled up loads of tunes that are no longer on there as i have now given it back to him. So now when i search a tune it comes up with maybe 3 different versions but only one works.

if it was just a couple of tunes i would delete them individually but we are talking about maybe 10,000 track names that do not exist.

i was thinking it wold be bet to erase the data base and then open up up virtual dj again as normal and carry on with the existing tunes in my itunes.

failing any ideas I was going to remove and re instal virtual dj, which seems a bit drastic!

I did try the bit where it clears any files that do not exist but it didnt seem to work.

Thanks in advance

发表时间 Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 6:20 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Config=>Browser=>Database>Check>Clean>Fix...your choice.

发表时间 Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 6:26 am
Tried that, but it makes no difference at all, all the track titles are still there!!

发表时间 Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 6:29 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
The fact that you don't have that external drive anymore, might not work as per message above.
But there should a way to do this in a more scientific way, and that i don't know, maybe some will help...
Otherwise highlight the tracks that receives error message when loading or the ones you know it's not there anymore then right click then remove from search database.

发表时间 Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 6:49 am
I am also wondering how to erase the entire data base and start new. where are these files located?

发表时间 Fri 01 May 09 @ 3:00 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I would say delete the xml file from your hard drive. Then right click on the drive in VDJ and select Add to search DB. Should be as good as new.

发表时间 Fri 01 May 09 @ 3:59 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DJ Koz wrote :
I would say delete the xml file from your hard drive. Then right click on the drive in VDJ and select Add to search DB. Should be as good as new.

Do not do this unless you want to re-analyze your music.....

发表时间 Fri 01 May 09 @ 4:43 pm
will that check for beat and album artwork?

发表时间 Sat 02 May 09 @ 2:27 am
Similar problem for me. One of my hard drives crashed so I can't delete the XML file on the drive and there are too many songs indexed to manually use the right-click "remove from database" option. I'm stuck. Nothing in the User Manual about it.

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 10 @ 3:46 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
did you happen to right click on your mates drive and add it to search database, if so do the opposite and delete or remove from search database, you will see a list of drives in the tree to the left of your browser select the one not used anymore.

hope it helps.

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 10 @ 5:30 am
Found a fix for clearing the database entirely, even if you no longer have the previously indexed drive.

WARNING: This will clear the ENTIRE database and you will have to reindex, BPMs and all.

In the search window, type one letter of the alphabet at a time, starting with the letter "A", then SELECT ALL on every result, right-click and choose "remove from database." Do this with every letter of the alphabet and you will have a clean slate to start with.

Hope this helps.

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 10 @ 1:56 pm
Yes, you were right Tony. I erased everything by letter and I added again all the folder to database and all the operation took only 5 minutes. great! Thanks!

发表时间 Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 6:47 pm
Please don't bump 4year old threads in the future.

[OLD TOPIC - CLOSED]

发表时间 Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 7:31 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)