快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Waited forever... VDJ mac is not.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

NatorPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So I did some waiting, and then some more waiting, for that solid version of VDJ for mac. Still It's not here.. Hercules Mk2 and Timecode support, what ever happened with that? And all those crashes for no reason.. So I got me self an DN HC4500 and still got the crashes...

As a professional DJ I can't have any unprofessional crashes, never.

So I gave up waiting, spent +500€ and got me self Traktor Scratch Pro. And WOW its so stable and its good. Still need some minor stuff fixed on the timecode side but everything is way better by far then VDJ.

Over and out!

发表时间 Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 9:42 am
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005

发表时间 Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 11:42 am
henrygqHome userMember since 2008
does traktor have video ? for mac ?

发表时间 Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 1:05 pm

发表时间 Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 2:26 pm
I went with serato and the inklen plug in for video. so far so good. use it with the denon 4500 controller and the dnx-900 mixer as well as pioneer cdj 1000 and djm 800 mixer.

发表时间 Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 2:40 pm
i work with a HC 4500 controller and VDJ on my macbook and have no crashes.
i have OSX 10.5.5 and VDJ 5.2.1 and the firmware on my HC4500 is updated to Sys 1005.
the macbook have 4 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDram and 2Ghz intel Core 2 Duo

What are you normaly doing before the crash come?

发表时间 Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 3:37 am
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have a mac book pro late 2008 model and I have used it consistently with only the odd crash. When I say odd I mean maybe twice/three times.

I have done 6-7 hour gigs with the MacBook Pro and HC4500 in a packed club over 2500 people with no issues.

If you need any help with settings etc please post I am sure some users can help you out here.

发表时间 Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 11:39 am
The crashes I have had are as those odd once you mention, just random crashes for no reason. And trust me I have asked for help here before.
My MBP is from middle 2007 with 3GB RAM.

As it is now I don't have any plans on returning to VDJ maybe if I start mixing videos.
How about the CDJ400 native support???
Something makes me think that VDJ designers don't fully understand OSX programming. An issue like the CDJ400 should be fixed right away! And yes I know you can use it via General Midi.
One more thing is the way developers let us know NOTHING on what's going on eg. what they are working on, planned new and improved features list, what state the beta testing is in etc. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

/N

发表时间 Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 12:01 pm
My crashes where only random as well. I would be playing music one second and the next the software was gone, no warning.
Mac Book Pro 2.6 GHZ. processor, 4 GB RAM, dedicated nvidia 512 MB video card and HC-4500 with the latest firmware.

发表时间 Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 8:26 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
to be fair i have never worked with a dj software that doesnt crash, i carry a second laptop with me and some cds.

if i was getting a crash every single gig then yeah i would be annoyed but VDJ on a mac crashed maybe every 3 or fourth gig not really a big deal

发表时间 Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 6:44 am
I hear you, however the other software i have migrated to on my mac has not crashed on me yet. We are talking 3 months into it. furthermore VDJ for mac crashed on me every time i used it for a week straight.

发表时间 Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 4:15 pm
hope its not that bad... just bought it...

发表时间 Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 4:23 pm
Keep us posted. If it works for you please post any changes you made to the settings and anything else that could have affected it.

thanks, AL

发表时间 Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 6:30 pm
I am also having big problems with my Mac, I just spend 2k+ to buy a Mac and was told that it was the best product to have if I was looking for speed. My Mac has crashed each and everytime I am Djing. The funny thing is that I have a hercules which is powered via USB only. So when my mac crashes The music keeps playing until the song ends and at that point I have to shut the computer down and turn it on again. In the mean time I can not even use the mic since the mic is connected to the hercules which dies when the computer dies. This is really not good since I can not even connect a cd player as a back up to the hercules because it wont work. This is the worst it can happen to the dj that I am djing an even and the whole music shuts down and I cant even use the mic in the mean time .

发表时间 Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 6:35 pm
Maybe you can plug your hercules to the laptop via a powered usb hub. That should keep the hercules on when rebooting the system.

发表时间 Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 7:15 pm
AviryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The crashes I have had are as those odd once you mention, just random crashes for no reason. And trust me I have asked for help here before.
My MBP is from middle 2007 with 3GB RAM.

As it is now I don't have any plans on returning to VDJ maybe if I start mixing videos.
How about the CDJ400 native support???
Something makes me think that VDJ designers don't fully understand OSX programming. An issue like the CDJ400 should be fixed right away! And yes I know you can use it via General Midi.
One more thing is the way developers let us know NOTHING on what's going on eg. what they are working on, planned new and improved features list, what state the beta testing is in etc. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

/N

You are so right!

This is the only reason i didn't buy VDJ. i can wait, but when u wait forever and you don't know nothing... that is no way to treat a customer (or a future to be).

发表时间 Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 8:29 am
im a little bit sad about no new on updates or any news, i check everyday for something :(, i brought VDJ few months ago but now i have had to buy Traktor as i have a club tour coming up and i need support for my Otus so i can use the sound card ......

I was not a fan of Traktor but it has grown on me big time since i have been using it alot, very reliable, had no crashes so far and been playing for days, plus nice effects :).....PLUS i can use my Otus soundcard (6channel audio) and i can route audio to the channels i want.....at last.

I also checked out Mixvibes new software Cross which looks awesome :) itunes integration is fab, and soon i am told they will support sampler and effects which i will defiantly keep my eye out on.

I really hope VDJ has something new to offer soon, i am gutted that i had to change as i like VDJ.

发表时间 Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 4:01 am
sorry to burst some ones bubble but i've had VDJ for mac since it was 4.3 best stable configuration ever still have a copy but it only works with the virtual vinyl box(sound-card) now ever since 5.2 came out it really sucks and still sucks still cant even get the configurations right on the Maya-44 plus it suck with the RMX MK2.... still crashes after only ten minutes of playing .. trust when i said that i've try all the configuration i've try so hard to a point where i only use VDJ on a Velocity Pc more stable still some minor hick ups but fine.. plus what ever happen to the solution where the all files(playlist) on the mac goes missing after every single start up.. funny never had any support from the team just speculation from random people trying to help out.. this is my MAC set up Imac Leopard osx 2.4ghz 3gig of ram ati radeon 256mb video and what not with the terabyte for external storage. MAYA44 with control panel active RMX with the control panel. DNS3500's cd tops and pioneer DJM400 simple but subtle.. plus if you ever want to deal with videos and still bitch about how broke some people are, or you maybe be and how cool is to mix videos sure give it a try .. while at it try finding a nice Screen Projector to solve the problem with out taking you to the bank with your firts born.. then put into account for all the equipment you're going to buy, dont try to be cheesy showing up with your lap top and and trying to rock the party with it(house party maybe) worry more about the Software it self to work for you not the other way around if you ever going to make money by being a Dj or what not.. Serato for MAc's and VDJ for PC's thats how i have them set up

发表时间 Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 8:52 pm
You lost me on some of your points, I have rocked plenty a club and mobile gig with a mac book pro, so good it has been for me that the rack mount pc i bought 2 years ago now sits in my living room at home. Beyond that i have to agree, VDJ for mac has not been good to me. I have lost most faith in it on my mac, and have moved on to something else.

发表时间 Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 6:00 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)