快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Video Issue - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am having a strange issue with my videos. Sometimes while playing,, the video plays in flashes of red, blue, green. It actually almost looks like some sort of video effect but not a very desirable one. :-)

In any case If I turn of "Use Hardware Acceleration" in the VV Options... this effect goes away. However once I do that my video transition performance is decreased substantially!

Any ideas what the fix may be for this? I just checked the Nvidia site to be sure I was running the most up-to-date drivers!

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 3:59 pm
HI,
I am getting the same results along with freezing.
Waiting for VDJ response.
Using Dual core 2.8 Lenovo, 4 gig ram, win xp, with ATI GL5700 HD card w/512 ram and 7200 rpm internal SATA drives
Thanks Chris

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 5:20 pm
ADMIN.. I have uploaded a short :30 video example which was recorded through VV that shows my problem.
Please advise?

www.GetSomeQ.com/example.avi

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 5:31 pm
Are you running XP or Vista?? What is this graphics card??? Did it work before or did u just get this system??

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 5:35 pm
discobrian24:

I am actually running my system dual boot. I purchased a new laptop which came preloaded with Vista. VV runs great on it with the exception of the timecode option. I have found the timecode runs much smoother and more efficiently on XP as opposed to Vista. This is what lead me to set up the dual boot.

With that being said if I boot into Vista and run VV.. I don't have video problem at all. The problem (which is shown in my example.avi) only occurs when I boot into XP.

My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GO 7950 GTX

NOTE: What is REALLY puzzling to me is that it only behaves this way on ONE of my operating systems. This leads me to believe it is something about they way the VV software is handling the video as opposed to the graphics card or video file itself.

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 5:47 pm
ok try this in XP
Go to your display settings and go to advance, then look for troubleshoot, in there u will see a slider for hardware acc. move it back 1 notch and try it.

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 6:51 pm
yea I tried that too.. I kept moving it one notch at a time until I ended up about 1/2way across and then I started having the performance of the transition reduced again :-(

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 9:02 pm
Mods.. anything?

发表时间 Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 2:53 pm
Did it ever work well?? Could be a driver issue.

发表时间 Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 2:54 pm

what video format are you using?

Its most likely a decoder issue

发表时间 Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 2:55 pm
I have a few diff formats but all seem to do the same.. AVI, MPG, and MP4
:-(

Why would the same decoders work fine in Vista though?

发表时间 Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 4:03 pm

So, in XP it doesnt work with hardware acceleration on?
But in Vista it does?

Please try update your grahic card drivers, and decoders on your XP system is likely not the same as on Vista system

Unless you are using VDJs own decoder.

If so, its related to your card...

Is it a Directx10 card? these cards work best in Vista (Directx10) but have been know to have issues in XP (DirectX9)

VDJ is also a directX9 software...

But some graphic card issues are being looked into...

发表时间 Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 4:38 pm
VV works in BOTH XP and Vista.. Its just that in XP the video just goes a little weird with hardware acceleration on
(however the transitions get weird with it off)

I updated the Graphic Card drivers on XP ONLY
(since Vista is running fine I did not want to tamper with the drivers)

I am not sure how to update Decoders.. any suggestions? I never had to this before :-(

As far as I know I have a DirectX9 card?
(at least I know I installed DirectX9 for the Text 2D plugin to work)

Should I maybe try installing DirecX10?

发表时间 Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 9:44 pm
discobrian24:

Out on the board it says the last post was made by YOU but when I open this thread.. the last post seems to be made by ME
I just don't wanna miss what may be vital info.. did you post a reply and it not show up?

发表时间 Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 10:32 am

You didnt miss anything;)

Ok, I've checked out your graphic card.

Its a low end mobile graphic card without dedicated memory on its own.

In XP this will most likely NOT be good enough for full blood hardware acceleration in VDJ, since is way below the recommended and needed specs to run this feature. But you might get lucky with tweaks.

In VISTA its a bit different, because Vista has some good features, one being DirectX10 and way better use of low end graphic card, so hardware acceleration will often work on a Vista system.

This is most likely the reason why you experience what you do.

发表时间 Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 11:20 am
Strange.. It's a GAMING laptop.. why would this be considered to be a low end graphic card?
I have the Dell XPS M1710 which is kinda like top of the line for Dell

Not to mention its a 512MB card.. That's low end?
I'm so confused now :-(

发表时间 Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 12:34 pm

yeah, my bad...
I see the page I found when checking your card had completely wrong specs...

Your card is TOP line mobile graphic cards, even called the worlds fastest ;)
So I was VERY wrong regarding your cards specs... hehe

So, we're back to square one...
The pixelation/artifacts in XP, might still be due to decoding.
But not so, IF you use VDJ internal decoder.

Could you try a normal mpeg file in XP running VDJ, and make sure you have VDJ internal decoder set at decoder for mpg extention in VDJ options.

If it gives artifacts at output in XP, and not VISTA, using this same decoder (VDJ internal), its not VDJ, but something related to your cards drivers or DirectX settings or something at your XP install...

发表时间 Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 1:01 pm
I am gonna ask again, did this EVER work on XP for you?? I am still leaning towards a driver of some sort.

发表时间 Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 2:25 pm
discobrian24

This is the first time I have tried to run it under XP on "this" system.. So I guess the answer would be no?

发表时间 Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 2:00 pm
dj-in-norway

Where can i get a "normal" mpg file to test?

I have mostly AVI files which are files ripped from DVD into VOB then compressed to AVI
AND MP4 files which are downloaded

If I have any MPG files at all.. I'm not sure where they came from or what decoder they may be calling for...

发表时间 Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 2:04 pm
53%