快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Laptop recomendation pc vs apple?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

zaxtPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have finally joined the digital age. I have been djing part time since 1982. Still using vinyl, however, I just bought Virtual DJ Pro and want some input from the more experienced jocks on wheter pc laptop or mac is a better choice. I am interested in vjing. Thanks. DJ Funkboi!

发表时间 Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 7:33 pm
My recommendation to you is regardless of which system you opt to go with, stay away from NVidia cards. Especially if you're looking to do video.

发表时间 Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 6:49 pm
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Mac or PC seems to be more personal preference then anything these days. Personally I can't stand MacOS but technically it should work fine for Virtual DJ. Check if you run any other programs which won't work on MacOS. I run heaps of windows applications which I can't replace for Mac versions so I'm sticking with PC. Historically Macs tend to be more stable than PCs. Vista hogs heaps of resources so XP would be a better choice for VJing (I'm going to downgrade my machine from Vista to XP soon as Vista uses almost 1GB of ram for itself). Stay well clear of Intel graphics chips for VJing or gaming, these are generally only found on budget systems and are of budget quality. I have used ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards for gaming and find that both manufacturers produce good quality cards. I am currently running dual NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT chips in my VJ machine and they work well, if only it's a bit short on RAM due to running Vista.
Boolanger, without trying to start a flame war, I would be interested to hear of your experiences with NVIDIA cards.
Craig

发表时间 Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 6:17 am
Nvidia cards are great but a sizable number of users have had problems with Nvidia cards, Virtual DJ and video. Regarding a Macbook or traditional laptop I believe the main factor to be price vs quality. You can still run Windows on a Mac if you require Windows applications, otherwise the actual operating system is more orientated to set it and forget about it. This is a great quality for most users and you will require less maintenance for your machine, however, you pay a price premium for it.

When it comes to running Virtual DJ on either Mac OS X or Windows there are some differences. The Windows version has more video plugins and tools and is also compatible with more soundcards for timecode cd/vinyl. If money isn't a concern then you could go for a Macbook Pro and dual boot with Windows, that way you will get the best of both worlds. Otherwise a similarly performing Macbook will cost you the price of a Windows laptop and a good quality hardware controller and maybe some small upgrades.

发表时间 Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 12:50 pm
zaxtPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thank you boolanger, andrew87 and craigh for your feedback, I have been looking at cost vs. system and for my budget I think a PC will be a better fit. Now I assume everyone would recommend a laptop for portability? I have found through my reserch that a Inet Duo Core processor is the best choice, and 3 to 4 gigs ram should be adequate and the hard drive probably not that bid a factor with all of the portable drives on the market. How difficult is it to upgrade to a good sound card and do I need dual output? How fast does the processor need to be? How fast does the HD need to be? Are there certain difficulties with particlar mother boards? Any advise anyone wants to offer I am soaking it all up right now. I will try to purchase in the next couple weeks if I am comfortable that I have all of the right information and can find the right system at the right price. Thanks again for the help so far. Peace!

发表时间 Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 5:35 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)