快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: New Feature Needed: Crashguard...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

As you will have seen I have just posted a topic describing a problem I had at the weekend. This has led me to think of a cool new feature that would benefit any DJ that has suffered crashes or like myself and intermittent problem.

Crashsave - Would re-load the desks with tracks previously loaded, your playlist and side list as well as the last folder or search you were browsing.

This would enabled DJ's to get backup and running as quickly as possible after a software failure.

I would make it optional under the config settings, but have it switched on by default.

Does anybody else think this would be a cool addition to the software?

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 5:45 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Do you mean this sort of thing.

Quote :

Although VirtualDJ has been developed to be robust and flawless, no software can be 100% safe from an error or a crash.

For the sake of your live performances, VirtualDJ uses a technology called "Crash-Guard".

If such an error appears, the Crash-Guard, which is silently monitoring the VirtualDJ software from the background, will propose to automatically recover from this error. If you choose so (at the right time), Crash-guard will kill VirtualDJ, and instantly reopen a fresh new instance, reload the exact same track at the exact same position and play it again at the same pitch and volume. Thus, the audience will only notice a less than a second blank, and the song will continue as if nothing happened.

Crash-Guard also writes a crash report on your HD in a file named "crashguard report.txt". If you get such a window, please send the data of this file to the support with a little description of your case. It will help the support to give you the reasons of the crash or maybe a fix in a future release of VirtualDJ.

It's already there Roy :)

发表时间 Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 5:58 pm
please explain how to turn this oprion on. all the times mine crashed or froze and i had to restart it didn't do this.

发表时间 Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 6:42 pm
Like djsynystr I did not know this feature was there...

I have just searched the VDJ5 PDF for "crash", "guard" and "crash-guard" and Acrobat found no instances of this text. Can you please tell me what page this is on?

Also, does it only kick in when the software actually crashes? In my situation I was getting several different errors but the software didn't fail. If I were to hve shutdown VDJ it would have treated it as anormal close and re-opened empty.

It would be great to hit a button then would instigate a close/restart in these situations.

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 2:49 am
Like the two previous posters, whenever the programme has crashed on me, this option has not appeared. Is there any way to switch it on, or does it only work with certain crashes?

发表时间 Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 7:37 am
interesting. i never got that but again i never let it just shut down on me. any time i had issues i would switch over to a backup source and try to solve it or restart the program.

发表时间 Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 10:26 am
It's only happened once to me, but VDJ just froze, had to be manually killed, restarted and I lost my sidelist of cued tracks and everything. Shit when you are half way through a gig in a busy club!

发表时间 Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 12:09 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
It's only happened once to me, but VDJ just froze, had to be manually killed, restarted and I lost my sidelist of cued tracks and everything. Shit when you are half way through a gig in a busy club!

That's why I want a manual override, or some way of telling VDJ that I am in the middle of a gig. For example, if you could tell VDJ that if you restart the application between 21:00 and 02:00 then it should restore the settings...

Or like with the playlist cut off - at 09:00, VDJ should restore the all settings if you restart VDJ anytime before 09:00...

Anyone else think this would be a good idea???

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 2:19 pm
jimmy b wrote :
Do you mean this sort of thing.

Quote :

Although VirtualDJ has been developed to be robust and flawless, no software can be 100% safe from an error or a crash.

For the sake of your live performances, VirtualDJ uses a technology called "Crash-Guard".

If such an error appears, the Crash-Guard, which is silently monitoring the VirtualDJ software from the background, will propose to automatically recover from this error. If you choose so (at the right time), Crash-guard will kill VirtualDJ, and instantly reopen a fresh new instance, reload the exact same track at the exact same position and play it again at the same pitch and volume. Thus, the audience will only notice a less than a second blank, and the song will continue as if nothing happened.

Crash-Guard also writes a crash report on your HD in a file named "crashguard report.txt". If you get such a window, please send the data of this file to the support with a little description of your case. It will help the support to give you the reasons of the crash or maybe a fix in a future release of VirtualDJ.

It's already there Roy :)

I agree with Roy. When any instance of a crash guard screen has appeared it has not brought up my side list or play list that i have spent ages putting together. Recently having reinstalled Vista with updates and Direct X and PC Doctor all has run sweet, not one issue. Many of my crashes were external to VdJ according to reports submitted.

发表时间 Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 1:32 am
GadgetMan wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

That's why I want a manual override, or some way of telling VDJ that I am in the middle of a gig. For example, if you could tell VDJ that if you restart the application between 21:00 and 02:00 then it should restore the settings...

Or like with the playlist cut off - at 09:00, VDJ should restore the all settings if you restart VDJ anytime before 09:00...

Anyone else think this would be a good idea???

Cheers,

Roy

I like this idea.

发表时间 Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 2:15 am
crash guard ???

i think this feature is there to monitor virtualdj for crashing, then it will re-open virtualdj once it unloads the crashed one from memory.

this has never brought back my playlist (which i use for requests!!!)

maybe if the playlist would save itself to playlist.txt everytime i make changes to the playlist, this would be better. and if the playlist could be shown like a tree (with collapsable sections) then we could make 'mini' sections for different peoples requests (shown like a directory list)

sorry to change the subject slightly, but i think if the playlist was updated like above, it wouldnt matter about crashguard.

(i have 2xDVD players in my amp rack incase of computer software / hardware failure)

发表时间 Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 8:03 pm
My method is to always, always, always write down all requests on a good old fashioned notepad. Then they are gathered and assembled in the program to the playlist column where I shuffle them around for a good flow of music. After each request is played I draw a line through it on the notepad so I know it has been played. If there's a Computer/program crash the requests can be re-assembled without missing any.

It would be nice to have this done automatically, but hey, I've used computers since 1979 and will never trust them 100%.

发表时间 Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 6:08 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJSoulman wrote :
My method is to always, always, always write down all requests on a good old fashioned notepad

The old fashioned ways are sometimes the best in my book ;)

发表时间 Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 6:12 am
Too right Jimmy, I consider my notepad as probably my most important bit of kit. If you're having a bit of brain fade you can always refer back to previous gigs for ideas. My gigs are primarily request driven, two weeks ago I had 81 requests in the same night (6 1/2 hour gig), played around 75 of them and just ran outta time!!! :-)

发表时间 Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 11:24 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)