快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: how to use headphones and speakers for 2 songs??

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

my mate can listen to:
- one song thru the speakers, and the mix thru the headphones OR
- one song thru the headphones, and the mix of both songs thru the speakers.

i cant remember which one he can do, but its one of 'em. i only have one sound card (to my knowledge), and i was wandering how i could do what my mate does?!?
i realise i probably have to buy another sound card, should i buy another sound card, or can i just buy one 3D card??
please tell me what set up you guys have, and what option i should take! thanks!

DJ VoLCoM

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 10:49 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
First, you need the full version.

You can use a 3D sound card (SB Live) or 2 sound cards.

Hope that helps !

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 10:53 am
my mate does not have the full version and he can do it.

must be the crack he has.....by the way, hurry up and release 1.2! i personally know at least 10 people that are angry at Atomix cos of their slow development, and those people arent gonna buy the full version!
we are all gonna wait for a crack! OR we will all buy one version and copy it!

DJ VoLCom

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 10:59 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
With a crack it can't work.

If you copy the full versions it's illegal, whatever you think about our developpement speed.

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 11:20 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
And I will add it is because people like you that Microsoft has Add his WPA (Windows Product Activation) maybe would you that we add the same kind of protection on the futur.

It is not our wish but you have no respect for anyone... Maybe have you a cracked version of your OS too, maybe worse...

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 11:37 am
let me 1st make it clear that i do not have any cracked software on my PC.

2ndly, it is also illegal to perform in false advertising (e.g. stating to customers that a new product will be ready very soon, and giving the impression that we can expect the new version). but lets not worry about legal matters here.

the initial posting was concerning dual soundcards but, (as Atomix tends to do) we got off the subject.

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 2:20 pm
Just go to your local retailer that sells computer products, and find a cheap sound card... Probably spend about 10 bucks.

assuming you have the full version, you can put atomix in dual card mode and use the headphones as your monitor... you will be able to select either deck to listen to on the headphones connected to your second card while the main mix goes through your primary card... just select sound config in the options page, click the icon of the two cards, and the icon of the speaker and headphones... then select your primary card as the card connected to your amp and the second card as the card your headphones are attached to..

I've found 3D cards to be junk, IMHO. others will disagree, but I just dont see why pay the extra for a 3D card when you can get a second cheapie and actually have two hardware devices ...

发表时间 Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 1:45 am
oh ok then, thanks! ive finished making my 1st CD of my 2cd Atomix set im doing.

it rocks.
DJ VoLCoM

发表时间 Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 4:46 am
The reason behind a 3D card as oppsoed to buying a second is simple: Having 2 cards requires two sets of IRQ and DMA settings that usually are the same for both cards and therefore conflict. Also, even if they don't conflict, they may not be enough free settings for the second soundcard, depending on what you already have in your computer.

Rather than go through the trouble of masnually trying to set IRQ settings and all the problems this can cause, it is much simpler to purchase a 3D card. I have an SB Live! card which works perfectly.

MiXmAsTeR

发表时间 Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 10:52 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I also run a SB Live in 3D mode and all is fine.

Another problem could appear with w2k. If you have a ACPI motherboard, w2k shares the IRQ´s itself and you can´t change them manually. There´s only one way to change this, but this causes a system crash in 80%: You have to transform your system to a standard PC.

So 3D is the easiest way using AtomixMP3.

发表时间 Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 11:35 am
Hmm.. I havnt had any problems with IRQ/DMA problems.. Win2k and XP seem to take care of this automatically... Maybe it's just my combo of cards.

anyhow... There are a few pros/cons with 3d vs two cards

a) most 3D cards I've worked with, loose fidelity in 3d mode, in a horrible way.

b) The SB Live (at least MY sblive) effects dont work in 3D mode. If you've noticed, you can use the EAX control panel to gain a real-time hardware flanger, auto-wah, reverb, chorus boost, and a few other (less useful) effects... they are nice, just the flanger and auto-wah alone are worth it. If you use two cards, you can use the sblive as the main out card and be able to use the effects.

c) if you use two soundcards, the latency can be different, and usually will be. this really doesnt matter with headphone monitoring, but causes bad problems if you want to use an external mixer.

发表时间 Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 7:07 am
If you want to monitor your music before playing it and only have 1 sound card in your PC, first get a cable that conects to the output of your sound card, on the other end of the cable you must have 4 output (2left side and 2 Right side) if you use a mixing table conect the 2 left outputs on 1 channel(monitoring) the other 2 right outpus on another channel(playing).
In the ATOMIX configuration choose 1 sound card with output speakers and headphone.
Almost there.
Start the program with automix enable, load one file in the 1 deck and start playing then load another file in the second deck you can then monitor the second deck by using the monitor botton on your mixer then all you do is press on the MIX botton to change from first to second deck.
Maybe confused but I garantee you that works no problem, once you get used to it is very easy.
Good mixing and monitoring.

发表时间 Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 11:57 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)