快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Help, A little screwed for the Weekend! Please all you kind spinners!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi there Guys,

I really need your help here. I am playing at a small party on the weekend. The music that I will be playing is very mixed from slow to rock to trance (big age difference) and it becomes impossible to mix certain songs because of the massive difference in BPM. If you try mix them normally it really sounds shity. I have connected my fairly big HI FI straight to my PC and have no external mixer. Is there some kind of way by means of a plugin or loop that I can use so that I can mix these different BPM’S better.

EXAMPLE:

Some external mixers simply have a button that you push that throws in a machine gun sound or slows down a CD. It creates a 1 to3 second effect, this enables you to cut straight into your next song that has a much faster beat (or slower) than the previous one! They often do this in clubs where the DJ in playing vinyl.

Is there a way I can do this with Atomix without having an external mixer?

I am also buying a MIC, I need it for the Birthday Boy’s speech! Remember that I don’t have an external mixer. Can I plug this straight into the back of my PC? Do I need any software and is it compatible with Atomix?

Guys, I’m very nervous and I would really appreciate some help here or else I’m a Little screwed!!!!!!

Thanks.

发表时间 Thu 30 Aug 01 @ 11:21 am
I have the same problem when doing a CD which contains House, Jungle and Old Skool. These can not be nicely or easily mixed, so I do the following:

Say I am mixing the music in the above order, with say 5 tunes of each. First of all I play four of the house tunes, when I come to play the fifth, I find a spot on it near the end with no beats, just some kind of melody or tone - this becomes my crossover point.

Now I play the first Jungle tune and find a part of the tune near the beginning with a melody or tone just before the beats come in - this will be where it takes over from the house section. If you try different tunes, you will find some mix better using this method than others. For instance, I have found a House tune that drops the beats and then has a very similar whining horn type sound moment on it as a Jungle tune. I crossover at these parts of the tunes, and they are so similar, you cannot tell it has been done.

The same goes for the transition from Jungle to Old skool. Mix the last Jungle tune into the first Old Skool tune by finding similar bits at the end and beginning of the tunes respectively. Again, I have found a Jungle tune that has a section which fades nicely over to the melody of an Old Skool tune.

If I haven't explained this clearly or you need more help, just ask.

发表时间 Thu 30 Aug 01 @ 5:26 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)